Unlocked Cell Phone Discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 2010-12-31, 11:55 AM

Well I went online to what I thought was a reputable unlocking site. Supposed to email the instructions in 1-12 hours. Nothing arrived. Sent emails, no response. The more I went through the website I kicked myself, links that don't go anywhere. I've sent several emails and heard nothing. I did pay with Paypal so now am wondering what is the best method for recovering the money (it wasn't alot--under $20). Go through mastercard or start the dispute resolution with paypal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 2011-01-01, 01:09 PM

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post....I did receive everything (a little late).
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 2011-01-07, 09:19 PM

Unlocked phone now showing 'roaming'

We recently unlocked my wife's LG Eve ...which had been on Rogers .. and moved to SaskTel. The phone works fine but constantly shows as 'roaming' even though we've used the phone's mobile network settings to SaskTel. I don't know if it is constantly roaming or maybe this is just what Rogers programmed the phone to do when it's not connected to Rogers. Does anyone else's unlocked phone do this? If it really is constantly roaming, is there any downside? She just uses the phone and texting functions .. no data plan. We don't have our first bill yet and hate to get a big surprise.

Pany 50" X77 plas; 60" DLP; S97 DVD; Yam 6090 AVR; Avel Linkplayer; Sony HC3 HD ccorder; Haup HD PVR; PCH A100

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 2011-02-09, 10:18 PM

Just an update to my previous post now that we've had the first bill. There appears to be no adverse effects from the phone constantly showing 'roaming' even though we're using it locally on the SaskTel network. So, it must be that the LG's personalized Roger's code thinks that it's roaming when it's not on a Rogers network. And it doesn't seem to affect the SaskTel billing (basic Talk and Text plan)

Pany 50" X77 plas; 60" DLP; S97 DVD; Yam 6090 AVR; Avel Linkplayer; Sony HC3 HD ccorder; Haup HD PVR; PCH A100
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 2011-02-22, 07:29 PM

"Just an update to my previous post now that we've had the first bill. There appears to be no adverse effects from the phone constantly showing 'roaming' even though we're using it locally on the SaskTel network. So, it must be that the LG's personalized Roger's code thinks that it's roaming when it's not on a Rogers network. And it doesn't seem to affect the SaskTel billing (basic Talk and Text plan) "

I am trying to get my LG Eve to work on Sasktel's network and so far the only thing that happens is I get a message "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network".

Can you tell me what your settings are or who you had to talk to in order to get it to work?
I have already unlocked the phone. Sasktel was baffled. Help?
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 2012-01-17, 07:00 PM
Rookie

Bell Unlocking

A while back I read that Bell would unlock a paid off contract iphone4, for about $50-75. Has anyone actually done that ?? If so, what was the experience like ?? Any problems ??

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in