iPhone 4 Announced - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-17, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

The added RAM sure makes sense for multi-tasking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-17, 05:28 PM

Definitely, also will really help an application like iMovie for iPhone. I'm surprised though that they didn't do the same for the iPad
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 08:58 AM
Veteran

if im off topic sorry..

But i see a CDMA version is due out late this year. Would i be right in thinking.. If i was to buy one of these outright, that i could keep my currently unlimited data plan that i use on my CMDA HTC diamond with TELUS? I would just do a hardware swap right?

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"

post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 09:54 AM
Veteran

That is just a rumor. We have heard this countless times and seen nothing. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Granted, I have been having a poor track record as of late when it comes to cellular predictions, so there may be a slight chance this could come true.

As for your question, there is no way of knowing how they will handle data plans for unannounced products.
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 11:31 AM

like BGY11 said, there's been just countless rumors of this. And if it does come as a cdma model, I doubt Telus or Bell would even carry it since they have an HSPA iPhone.
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 11:55 AM
Veteran

is there an easy way to transfer my BB contact to iPhone (other than retyping every single one of them)

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
is there an easy way to transfer my BB contact to iPhone (other than retyping every single one of them)
I'm sure there's several ways. First that comes to my mind is by using a computer to sync your contacts from the BB to Outlook, and then using iTunes to sync contacts from Outlook to the iPhone.
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 01:32 PM
Veteran

I was not expecting Telus to carry the CDMA... but currently if want to switch to another CDMA smart phone that i own outright i can do that. I have an HTC touch and Diamond. I can use either one on my plan. IF the CDMA did come out(lets assume best case) And i buy it unlocked from apple store would i not be able to do what i can do now with current CDMA phones?

Or will the fact that its an iphone make all best off?

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-06-18, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
I was not expecting Telus to carry the CDMA... but currently if want to switch to another CDMA smart phone that i own outright i can do that. I have an HTC touch and Diamond. I can use either one on my plan. IF the CDMA did come out(lets assume best case) And i buy it unlocked from apple store would i not be able to do what i can do now with current CDMA phones?

Or will the fact that its an iphone make all best off?
ohhh, didn't think of it like that. the only problem is there is just a few CDMA carriers in north america, and i don't think any of them support non-carrier sold devices. If Apple were to make a cdma iPhone, I don't think they would even bring it to Canada since every carrier already has the iPhone. and even if it were an unlocked cdma, you would need Bell/Telus to allow you to activate it, which they don't do now with grey market cdma phones.
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-09-07, 04:22 PM
Rookie

Sorrry I'm digital challenge...but my contract with Roger is about to expire. My bf is using the htc evo in the US. I want to get something that could do facetime video calling. Just wondering if the iphone 4 can do that job or is there anything else out there that offer the same option. Or is there any app. eg. skype or etc. out there that i can use to talk on long distance and doesn't break my bank, since i'm still a studetn.
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-09-07, 08:01 PM
Veteran

Well, "Facetime" is a trademarked new standard, supported only by Apple for now - iPhone4 and the upcoming new iPod Touch - and the HTC Evo doesn't support it.
If you want just to do video calling between mobile phones, the best working solution right now is Fring: http://www.fring.com/download/iphone/ . You can do video calls between iPhone4 and Evo through Fring. Skype does not support video calls for mobile phones yet, at least not for the iPhone.
To answer your question - yes, the iPhone 4 can do the job (with Fring).
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-09-09, 05:35 PM
Veteran

My Nokia N900 can do face time with Skype. But with the face I've got, I prefer not to use it.
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-11-04, 10:40 AM

Please pardon my ignorance. I am about to get an iPhone4 and I can't decide between the 16GB or the 32GB. I'm not one to have my entire music collection on my iPod so I don't need space for music. I have maybe a Gig on my iPod at anyone time.

Here's my question: Just how much are Apps memory hogs? I realize it will be App dependent but should I be worried about running out of space if I only get the 16GB version?
post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-11-04, 10:49 AM
Veteran

If you don't need space for music/podcasts/videos then 16GB is fine. I have a 16GB 3G with 1000+ songs and 111 apps and still have 2GB free.
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 2010-11-04, 09:50 PM
Veteran

The only item to consider is if you will use the phone as an HD video recorder. HD vids may take up a fair amount of space.

Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in