Thinking of switching from shaw digital to Sasktel max - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-03-31, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Thinking of switching from shaw digital to Sasktel max

My wife and I are thinking of switching over from Shaw digital to Max and are wondering what differences we would see. Is this a smart switch? we're overall pretty happy with shaw but like the idea of extra channels and going from light to high speed internet for only a couple bucks more. are there still signifigant problems with max, I remember when they first brought it out it used to freeze and look blocky, have they fixed these problems yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-05, 03:25 PM

Do you want HD?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-05, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

not right now, but there is always the chance we may upgrade but not likely for a few years

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-06, 05:09 AM

I never had any significant problems with Max. Their channels seem to be a little more compressed than Shaw's digital channels, so the picture can look a bit more "blocky" when there is lots of motion. All Max channels are digital, unlike Shaw's.

Each system has a few channels that the other doesn't and they package them differently, so the prices will depend on which channels you want.

Max is a good value. You don't have to buy a terminal and I liked their program guide better.

I left Saskatoon about 18 months ago, but I don't think much has changed.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-04-08, 09:10 AM

We've had MAX since November. It's had it problems but I have been very satisfied with Sasktel's response and "we will make it right" attitude. I do note that we get more HD channels than Shaw, and the picture quality appears to be better on the MAX SD channels than the Shaw SD channels. So my vote has been with Sasktel. (Even if it is a Crown Corp. I like the fact the money stays here)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in