NHL Centre Ice Questions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2016-02-10, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

NHL Centre Ice Questions

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer a few questions I have regarding NHL Centre Ice on SaskTel Max, as they didn't really know the answers. I am switching over from Bell.

1) Are most, if not all, games provided in HD now? For instance, last night on Bell, all 12 games were available in HD. Did SaskTel provide all 12 games in HD on max as well?

2) On nights when there aren't 12 games or more, does SaskTel still provide home and away broadcasts of the same game?

Thanks to anyone that can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2016-02-10, 02:51 PM
Rookie

Mark,

I was with Sasktel for several years before moving to Bell. Subscribed to NHL Centre Ice on Sasktel every year it was available (except this year).

So unless they changed things up for this year, here is what I know.

1) As of last year, yes all the games they provided were in HD. The addition of MSG HD feeds were the last domino to fall there. That being said, not all games may be available. Blackouts, national broadcasts etc will limit what games are on Centre Ice.

2) Sasktel does show home and away broadcasts when they have the capacity to do so. I believe there are 14 channels and 2 of them may be in french. So if 6 games are being played that night, you would see both home & away broadcasts for those 6 games.

Hope this helps!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2016-02-10, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks that answers my question. So when you say not all games are available on Centre Ice, it is like Centre Ice with Bell correct, where regional games (Flames, Oilers, Jets) as well as national games are not carried on Centre Ice but all others are?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2016-02-10, 04:39 PM
Veteran

The games that are not on CI will be games on CBC, your local TSN (Leafs/Sens/Jets region) and your local Sportsnet either Ontario (Leafs), East (Habs), West (Flames/Oilers) and Pacific (Pacific). If you are on the Leafs region. CBC, TSN4 and Sportsnet Ontario games won't be on CI.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2016-02-12, 10:18 PM
Veteran

Pacific (Pacific) should be Pacific (Canucks)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in