New to Sasktel Infinet - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-06-15, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

New to Sasktel Infinet

Will be switching from Shaw to Sasktel Infinet and Max tv in the near future. One thing that does bother me about Sasktel is the ability to only record two channels and watch one at the same time. Also the fact that the hard drive with the whole home system does not seem to hold as much as I would like. Are there any ways to resolve these issues? Any other experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-06-16, 09:43 AM

I found the following on the Sasktel site:
Quote:
Q: ...just wondering if there are any plans for future upgrades that will allow us to record more than two shows at once?

posted April 16, 2015 by SaskTel Support
Our infiNET service will be able to do this in the future. We don't know when that will be, but I'm looking forward to it as much as you are.
Bell Aliant, which use the same VIP 2262 hardware and Mediaroom software on their FibreOP system, support 7 simultaneous HD channels, 4 of which are recordable.

Re: hard drive capacity - If you click "Show more details" at the bottom of the following Sasktel link, you will see that you can get up to 150 HD hours if you get the newest VIP 2262 PVR:

Up to 150 recording hours are based on the Motorola VIP 2262 set-top box.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-06-16, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you for your input. Do not know if we will keep Sasktel for long with that capability. We sometimes record two programs and watch one or two others right now with Shaw with two pvrs. So with Sasktel the stbs are dependant on the pvr to be able to view anything?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-06-16, 04:45 PM

You can record up to 2 shows at once and watch 1 previously recorded show on the TV connected to the PVR according to the link below. It sounds like you can watch a show on another TV without going through the PVR.

Recording and watching options - Support - SaskTel
Quote:
With 1 PVR (SD or HD) and 1 or more regular set-top boxes (SD or HD)
You can do all of the above (under "You can"), plus:

record 2 shows on the PVR and watch a different show on live TV or on-demand on each regular set-top box.
If I understand this correctly, you can watch live TV on 2 other TVs without going through the PVR as long as you have 2 additional STBs.

That's probably something that you should clarify with Sasktel, since it works a little differently than the other telcos that I'm familiar with.

Edit: If you only have 2 TVs, you might be able to schedule your recordings at times when you won't be watching live TV. Most programs repeat on the specialty channels or you can use time shifting for the broadcast networks.

Personally, I record all my programs and almost never watch live TV.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in