Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

DVR Recording Issues

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  chessl 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues I am having with my recordings.

For some reason the DVR only records half of the TV programs. This doesn't happen to all of them maybe a little less than half of recorded programs.
My hardware was installed about a month ago and I am on the old system.

I called Sasktel and they said it is a known issue and is resolved with the new Media Room release. Problem is Weyburn won't be getting it until February.

It's annoying as hell. Anyone else experienced this or have a solution or suggestion?

#3 ·
I would say primarily. My wife tapes a show during the day and it rarely records the entire program. She changed the recording to a different time today so we'll see what that does. Since she is not home at that time we are unable to record manually. We will give that a go if the issue persists on other programs.

I have seen it on a couple of the shows I have taped as well... I'd so overall on what I have taped most are not cut short. Again I haven't taped a whole lot yet since we haven't had the service for very long.

I'll post results later today to see if that fixed the issue.

Sasktel had indicated they would upgrade me to the New Media Room within three weeks to alleviate the problem but never showed up. I called them back and was told that we would have to wait until Feb for the upgrade to kick in.

#6 ·
I'm guessing you are only able to record half of an hour long program. IIRC, that's a bug that arises when padding is added to the recording. i.e. You set the recording to start 5 minutes early or go 5 minutes longer. It's probably best to delete the recording entry and create a new one without padding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.