Official "New Max" discussion (Microsoft Mediaroom) - Page 12 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #166 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-02-18, 12:03 PM

Quote:
@dirtyharry2, I think it's easier to type 300 into the guide than go through 10 or 20 pages.
Yes, I completely understand, and I do. And if I don't find something there, I type "3" and start back at the start in the sd channels. But I still only see what, 300-310, 310-320, 320-330, etc. I'm not in front of my tv, so it could be say 15 channels per view. The point is that each view change takes probably a full second or two or more. Even a single full second is a *long* time for a UI to respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 02:16 AM
Rookie

I dont think it is the tv because sometimes it goes at a somewhat faster speed than usual. I think it just has to do with how fast the internet is at that time of day. I've seen it take 7 seconds to go to a channel after i've entered the 3 numbers and sometimes 4 seconds. Probably since they are using the same old lines to now transfer far more data due to that little screen in the corner.
post #168 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 09:38 AM

@Yeknom, you can press the ENTER button on the bottom right of the remote to go to the channel immediately.

post #169 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 09:53 PM

Some odd developments:

The guide metadata seems to have changed, a lot of the channels have differently formatted names or are now missing their logo entirely (and TSN2 HD embarrassingly has the same logo as TSN HD in the guide. Whoops!). Also, the power button on the STB is no longer functioning, while I can turn it on/off with the remote, I can't do so with the button on the box itself.

Also, with this talk of a FTTH rollout, may this make the new guide a little more bearable?
post #170 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 11:20 PM
Rookie

FTTH Roll Out

Viper550,

Can you provide more information on the fibre rollout? I assumed that was a ways down the road yet.

It would be great news if it is around the corner.
post #171 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-04-06, 01:08 AM

post #172 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-04-07, 12:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper550 View Post
Some odd developments:

The guide metadata seems to have changed, a lot of the channels have differently formatted names or are now missing their logo entirely (and TSN2 HD embarrassingly has the same logo as TSN HD in the guide. Whoops!). Also, the power button on the STB is no longer functioning, while I can turn it on/off with the remote, I can't do so with the button on the box itself.

Also, with this talk of a FTTH rollout, may this make the new guide a little more bearable?
SaskTel has made a change to the service where the channel call letters will now be displayed instead of the logos. The change was made in order to increase the performance of the guide.

If you reset your set top box it will change to show all call letters. Also, when 80% of customers are running the updated client where only the call letters are displayed the service will be changed back to only showing the channels customers subscribe to.
post #173 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-04-07, 07:44 PM

Okay, just did the update...

Version is now 2.0.26496.301, which seems to be close to the build MTS is using for their 2.0 patch. I also noticed some other UI tweaks so far:

- The Guide/Interactive BG is less transparent. Not liking this. Why bother promoting that feature when you're just gonna make it less visible! (nitpick to me, yes. But will you care? Maybe...)
- The animated swirl on the throbber is now white. Slightly better looking.
- All guide logos are gone, as expected, back to plain labels. Aww. Some of them are just a little too long to fit the side of list without getting cut off a bit (especially near HD and radio stations, but still)
- It does feel a little less laggy.
- The Max logo on the guide (before it goes to that Guide text) is a different style, and isn't squished this time. Yay.
- The "last" button behaviour MTS is getting isn't there.
- Unsubscribed channels at least list a phone number to call about subscribing now instead of a generic error message.
- Power button on box STILL DOESN'T WORK. FFFFFFFF
post #174 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-04-15, 08:31 PM

Just noticed that there's a MAX remote dtvr app for my ipod touch

can schedule recordings and whatnot with it (or just use a webpage from anything with web access)
post #175 of 175 (permalink) Old 2011-05-07, 02:16 PM

Well, it looks like they just added in Galaxie's new Mediaroom widget (automatically spawns when launching a music channel), looks quite wicked, although navigating through its own guide is something only snails would be interested in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in