Max or Access? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Max or Access?

I'm currently a longtime Max user, but am moving within the next month and am considering a switch to Access cable. I live in North Battleford and several people I know use it here. I'm not a fan of how it looks in regards to the guide, but it does have the same channels (I believe), for cheaper (I believe).

I'm a sports freak and the biggest reason why I would possibly change is to have access to the NHL Center Ice Package, as well as MLB Extra Innings. Both of which aren't available on Sasktel. How much extra does it cost?

I live in the dark ages, and don't have HD, so that should not really be considered in the argument. I also live alone and can't afford an HD TV any time soon that I know of.

One thing I really enjoy about Sasktel is channel 206 which features movies and TV shows, full seasons, On Demand for big chunks of time. Does Access have this?

Also, HBO is my favorite channel, and Sasktel offers it. Does Access? And do they have an on demand channel area like they do with Sasktel?

Sasktel also offers internet, which I haven't had any problems with. Does Access offer internet? And is it slower or faster?

My bill currently runs $110 a month, with internet included. Is Access cheaper at all in general, or considered about the same?

Sorry for all the questions, but what are the pro's and cons of each?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 12:14 AM

Why don't you phone them and inquire about it yourself. Get them to answer all your questions first hand.They won't bite.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I just figured I would post on here for people with real experience with both companies. I don't want to hear a schtick from a company representative that is trying to sell me something.

I want the real facts from real people. If you can't help me then don't bother responding.

I'm sure there are tons of people on here who have the knowledge to let me know which is the best option for what I am after.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 11:26 PM

access on demand is pretty weak compared to max

pricewise, I would assume similar package of channels and highspeed would be very very similar

NHL center ice, and MLB just don't have enough demand via max to bring them in. whether it's because the people who want it don't bother to mention they're interested in it, or there's more in depth way of measuring interest..... no idea

looking at their webpage, access has HBO canada, as well as nhl center ice listed

for access outside of regina, their internet is actually supplied by sasktel (they rent the pipe) (caveat i know 100% for sure about certain territories, but NB isn't one of them. i'd suspect it's the same there tho)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in