I'm in the process of buying parts for an htpc. Here's a list of what I intend to build it with:
- Processors (CPUs) AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 2.1GHZ 2X512KB 45W 65NM SOI Retail Box
- Motherboards Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H 690G mATX AM2 1PCI-E16 1PCI-E4 2PCI HDMI Video Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard
- Memory (RAM) Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB 2X1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 Dual Channel Memory Kit
- Video Cards Integrated
- Computer Cases Antec NSK2480 BLACK & SILVER DESKTOP CASE MICRO ATX EA380 HIGHEFF PSU $98.38
- Power Supplies Included with case: 380Watt
- Hard Drives Western Digital SE16 500GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB Cache 8.9MS NCQ Hard Drive OEM 3YR MFR Warranty
- DVD Writers Pioneer DVR-212D Black DVD-RW 18X6X18 DVD+RW 18X8X18 DL 10X SATA 2MB OEM DVD Burner No Software
- Sound Cards Integrated $0.00 $0.00
- TV Tuner (DVB-S) Digiwave 103G DVB-S Digital FTA Satellite Tuner PCI Remote
All this would cost me around 550$ +tax and shipping.
I was wondering if it's a good choice for an htpc or should I go with something like the Netgear EVA8000 or the D-Link DSM-520.
Thank you for your help!