Leaving Cogeco, Complaint and Rant Thread - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-04-03, 06:09 PM
Veteran

Yep, can't watch Hells Kitchen or Terminator recorded on the Fox West feed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-04-04, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
Yep, can't watch Hells Kitchen or Terminator recorded on the Fox West feed.
Just tried to watch Dollhouse from the other night. Completely unwatchable. I guess I won't have much joy with Terminator either.
post #78 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-06, 07:13 PM

Just hung up on an arrogant, rude, disrespectful supervisor at Cogeco who won't let me speak to his manager, & is trying to play mind games with me.

Does anyone have the number to their head office?

I once tried the one in Montreal & twice they didn't return my calls.

Thanks

Michelle

post #79 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-06, 07:41 PM

Rogers coming soon...

Ok, just got off the phone with Rogers.

They say that within 1 1/2 years they will be taking over Ontario.

So, while that doesn't solve my problem now, I can't wait until they drive Cogeco away.

Other than Bell, any other suggestions for TV here in the Windsor area?

I can't use satellite b/c I tape off the TV in large numbers.

Thanks

Michelle
post #80 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-07, 04:24 PM

Quote:
They say that within 1 1/2 years they will be taking over Ontario.
Thx for the laugh
post #81 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-08, 11:51 AM
G77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualspirit View Post

Other than Bell, any other suggestions for TV here in the Windsor area?
Michelle - if you only watch the major networks, I'd suggest looking at OTA reception from Detroit and recording onto a PC - that way you can add storage very cheap and record as much as you like. The HD OTA picture quality is superior to Cogeco's too IMO (I have both). A modest antenna will pull in all of the major networks from Detroit no problem at all.
post #82 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-08, 12:00 PM

Hi G77,

Sorry, I have no idea what OTH stands for, but I do tape from Showcase & channel 38 (Inside Actor's Studio) on Sundays.

Plus I have to watch on my TV, not the computer, but I think I know what you mean as I've been slightly educated on how to do the process.

Can I PM you for more info?

Thanks

Michelle
post #83 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-08, 02:32 PM
Veteran

If a Rogers CSR says they're taking over Ontario, then it must be true!
post #84 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-08, 03:19 PM
G77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualspirit View Post
Hi G77,

Sorry, I have no idea what OTH stands for, but I do tape from Showcase & channel 38 (Inside Actor's Studio) on Sundays.

Plus I have to watch on my TV, not the computer, but I think I know what you mean as I've been slightly educated on how to do the process.

Can I PM you for more info?

Thanks

Michelle
OTA = Over the Air i.e. just an antenna on the roof (or even an indoor aerial at a push, depends how close you are to Detroit).

On a suitable PC you need a ATSC tuner card and then a means to play them back on the TV - either by connecting the PC directly to the TV or via streaming it by another method. There's plenty of info on this in the OTA section of the forum I believe. Feel free to PM me though, I will help where I can.
post #85 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-05-08, 09:35 PM

Update on CRTC

I did wind up getting a call back from a manager, but the manager was not prepared with all that had went down.

Anyway, as with typical fashion, he knew a ton more then the supervisor knew.

So to explain in case anyone else has noticed this:

1. The reason the show keeps looping right at the beginning or end is b/c of the CRTC laws that they have to pump in the CND version if I'm taping off of the US channel.

The transition is supposed to be seamless, but it clearly isn't if I've noticed it this many times.

He says CTV is responsible for starting late & I should complain to the CRTC that if they start late, then no feed should be inserted.

2. Probably the reason why my Harper Island suddenly switched to Criminal Minds, was b/c someone at Cogeco screwed up & switched to the wrong CND feed.

He didn't say that, but he said maybe that was it, but b/c I can't call the moment it happens b/c I'm watching taped shows, it's too late.

Gotta Love the CRTC - NOT

Michelle

Last edited by JohnnyCanuck; 2009-05-08 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Language
post #86 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-07-16, 05:11 PM
Veteran

Cogeco Analog Channel offerings.

I hope cross posting is O.K. - I posted this in a Cogeco $2 increase topic too.

We received the letter from Cogeco in Kingston about (yet another) $2.00 per month increase coming July 2009. Looks exactly like what's shown in the subject post for this topic. Seems we've gotten a few of these increase letters over the past few years. Cogeco always seems to say it's for "network improvements". I went to their building on Colborne St (near Division St) in Kingston and asked to speak with someone from Customer Service. A gentleman came down, spoke with me, said he worked in Technical. I know the (Rogers Cable) channel line up from Ottawa (Rogers Cable in Ottawa, not Cogeco - different cable company) since I spend alot of time up in Ottawa too at a friend's place. Straight Analog Cable channel lineup I'm referring too here... not digital. I brought with me the TV Guide insert from the Ottawa newspaper (Sunday's Ottawa Citizen) to show to Cogeco Cable in Kingston. The point I wanted to make to Cogeco Cable in Kingston is this: "We keep getting the price increases for "network improvements", fine, but ... well ... how about getting some better content on Cogeco Kingston's [analogue] network? Rogers Cable in Ottawa offers TCM - Turner Classic Movies ch 57 analog, AMC - American Movie Channel? ch 59 analog, and also OMNI 1 and 2 (multicultural programming) ch 14 & 16 analog I believe. I've been lurking for some time all over this group in many different categories and I just joined ... so now I'm starting to post. I see many posts that the Cogeco channel and content offerings are lacking in comparison to some other nearby cable providors. I see many posts going back years requesting channels like TCM - Turner Classic Movies from Cogeco but no results. Is Cogeco listening? I would have to agree - knowing what's offered in Kingston - Cogeco's (simple analog) content is lacking. You've gotta get the digital box, and pay more for packages or specialty channels - it seems - to have more/better content. That's unfortunate. Seem like not such a good deal. And yet the price increases continue. I've read other posts say "Cogeco Sucks". Lets see if Cogeco responds to my personal request back in Kingston. I left them my email address. I'll post back the results of any response I get back from Cogeco Kingston. Regards all.

Last edited by mrvanwinkles; 2009-07-16 at 05:37 PM.
post #87 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-07-16, 07:46 PM
Veteran

OOPS - not supposed to cross post or say "x-sucks"

OOPS, sorry, we're not supposed to cross post or say "X-sucks". Sorry, I'm a newbie, and read the forum rules in detail now. I'll leave it for now, but won't do that in the future. sorry all - mrvanwinkles
post #88 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-07-31, 02:00 PM

Is this a good speed?

Cogeco , Standard or the one above Lite. In Oakville

http://www.speedtest.net/result/529603570.png
post #89 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-08-09, 09:57 PM
Rookie

I refuse to go through football season with this ....

my cable is constantly getting stuck or sputtering or the volume disappears...etc etc.. anyone else having this problem - it's been happening for a while now.
post #90 of 481 (permalink) Old 2009-08-10, 09:39 AM

Cable outage in Milton

I am a new to Milton and had Rogers in Toronto. I noticed that the HD picture quality with Cogeco is pretty poor in my opinion. I have also been having issues with the second (non HD) connection; poping noises, blank menus and picture freezing. Perhaps it is my connection to the house because I noticed it is spliced together in a number of places. All the lines in the house are new.

Also, anyone in Milton lose service for close to two hours on Saturday? Sunday night it was brutal. HD channels were very choppy so I had to watch the standard channels and then they were choppy at times.

I am calling them today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in