Can't Bridge New Coda-4589 Modem And Cogeco Won't Do It Either - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2019-11-13, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Can't Bridge New Coda-4589 Modem And Cogeco Won't Do It Either

Just upgraded to the 360/30 Unlimited, bill went down 20 bucks In doing so I was given the Coda-4589 Modem. I asked installer to bridge the modem as I would like to use my own router and he said he did, upon going onto Xbox Live I now had a double NAT causing issues. I noticed the the modem is "not" bridged so I went in to do it myself, the modem will not save the settings. I called Cogeco and was told that they could set the modem to bridged but when they found out I have Tivo they said they can't bridge the modem. I bridged my last modem and Tivo worked fine, any thoughts?

Note,
I am able to disable the wifi and have done so on the modem, those settings saved ok. When I try to set the "Residential Gateway Function" to disabled, this will not save. I have read that this is how you set this modem to bridged. Recordings still work with wifi disabled and MoCA disabled. I asked the lady to go to her boss and tell him that my old router was bridged and all was good to no avail.

I posted this at DSL reports also, any thoughts here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2019-11-13, 07:55 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Just as an FYI, over on Rogers IgniteTV, I have read that the latest Modems can be bridged, however, they still broadcast a WiFi signal or two and it cannot be disabled....

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2019-11-13, 09:08 PM
Veteran

Just disable NAT and DHCP on your own router and then plug the network cable from the provider's router into one of the LAN ports.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2019-11-17, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Sorry ExDilbert I did not see your reply until now. I was able to bypass my issue by connecting the modem into my switch and run out of my switch to the WAN on my router. This gives me an open NAT on my Xbox and everything else seems to be working fine. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in