Cogeco Billing - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ParadoxInsanity

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-05-23, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Cogeco Billing

I was curious if anyone who is on Cogeco has the same problem with the billing page on their website. I know that they are going through a massive (I can only assume so since it's been almost a month of not having access to simple things like internet usage, current bill etc.)change with their system.
None of my payments for the last two months have shown up and I'm currently in arrears according to the page. I've also found trying to reach anyone by phone is a study in frustration. 75 minutes on hold and the line goes dead for instance. It's like they aren't there at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-05-23, 05:42 PM

Contact their Social Media team via their Facebook page. They have the authority to make inquiries and the wait for a reply is only a scant few moments. Further, you should be receiving a paper letter in the mail explaining their new billing process along with the expectation that all will be resolved within their July cycle.
rocket9 likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-06-02, 09:17 PM
Veteran

We just got our latest bill, with the new format, and it's a whole different account number we have now. I'll need to call in on Monday to make sure this is correct, as I'll need to setup a new pay account through my bank. Maybe check if you are in arrears because your account # changed.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-06-02, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, people, for the replies.

I simply paid my bill even though I never received one in the mail. I checked my online balance and it still shows me owing almost a 100 dollars..lol. but that is only on one page under "Bills and Payments " I'm fully paid up and have the proof, of course. NOt liking the new number thing at all.

I will wait for my bill in the mail. Then I either declare war, or we sign a peace treaty. I'm all for progress but the implementation of this change has been abysmal from my end.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-06-03, 02:32 PM

@asif9t9 As was mentioned by me here, Cogeco is replacing a 27-year old billing system with a newer, more robust one. ALL account numbers, billing print and due dates have changed. Yes, there have been a substantial flurry of bugs migrating the data over, but they truly are working on it. Contacting them by phone may not be the best idea as they are grossly swamped - average hold times 2 hrs 43 mins. The best bet it to contact one of their CSR's via Private Message on Facebook.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-06-10, 07:58 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxInsanity View Post
@asif9t9 As was mentioned by me here, Cogeco is replacing a 27-year old billing system with a newer, more robust one. ALL account numbers, billing print and due dates have changed. Yes, there have been a substantial flurry of bugs migrating the data over, but they truly are working on it. Contacting them by phone may not be the best idea as they are grossly swamped - average hold times 2 hrs 43 mins. The best bet it to contact one of their CSR's via Private Message on Facebook.
Yeah well I may not need to call to confirm the account number. But I am due to call (every 6 months) to get my loyalty discount of $15/month. Kind of annoying that I just can't get through.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-06-10, 11:53 AM

Good luck! The wait times have not yet been any shorter. Also, you may be surprised to discover that the $15 Loyalty Discount is no longer available - it's been standardized to a mere $10. BUT, carefully review the revamped Internet packages as they have significantly dropped price. In fact the 120U is now only $5/month more than the 60U AND, if you have TiVO, they'll also now include an $8/month discount toward the $15 Tivo rental and they waive the $2.95/month wireless modem rental! All in -- you'll be saving money AND getting faster speeds!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-06-11, 06:54 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxInsanity View Post
Good luck! The wait times have not yet been any shorter. Also, you may be surprised to discover that the $15 Loyalty Discount is no longer available - it's been standardized to a mere $10. BUT, carefully review the revamped Internet packages as they have significantly dropped price. In fact the 120U is now only $5/month more than the 60U AND, if you have TiVO, they'll also now include an $8/month discount toward the $15 Tivo rental and they waive the $2.95/month wireless modem rental! All in -- you'll be saving money AND getting faster speeds!
I got through yesterday. Same $15/month discount, but for a year this time, not just 6 months. I only have a tv package. I bailed on Cogeco for internet long ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in