New Cogeco iGuide - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr.Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-01-18, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

New Cogeco iGuide

Has this updated for everyone yet? It just happened for me yesterday (Windsor). Looks like it's by Rovi.

I like the new guide, it's very sleek and in HD already so that helps with no stretching. I haven't tried it yet but apparently there's the new feature that sets you to the HD version of a channel if you select the SD version so that's nice.

...this is a signature...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-01-18, 11:36 AM

The new guide is called i-Guide HD and the downloadable Rovi user guides are available on the Cogeco site (PDF):

https://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resi...user-guides-tv

i-Guide HD - Quick Reference Brochure 10159 kb (2 pages)
i-Guide HD - User Manual 19031 kb (45 pages)
Cogeco i-Guide xD for iPad User Guide 9360 kb
jeffaustin90 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-01-26, 02:23 PM
Rookie

IGuide

My DC550D boxes have not been updated yet but my RNG box has. Is there an update down the road for other boxes in Windsor...anyone?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-01-26, 05:43 PM

According to a post I read on another site, it's not expected to be pushed to those boxes until Feb. 14th.

Cogeco - Mix 40, Timeshifting, TiVo T6 DVR & 2 Minis, UltraFibre 360; Rogers - LG G7ThinQ; Koodo - Wireless Home Phone
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-02-06, 09:27 AM
Rookie

My Pace DVR box was updated. It looks good, but the info. does not update regularly as the old guide did. Many mornings a lot of the programs are missing ("To Be Announced" is populated throughout the guide.)
If you are waiting to be updated be patient. Better to have the old guide that is up to date than one with missing info.
This applies to the Cogeco website listings also. Most times the listings page has "database error".
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-02-08, 08:11 AM

Thumbs down Augghh!

There is nothing in this world that some 8-year-old in knee pants can't screw up and make worse. The new (read crappy) i-guide was up and running on my Motorola DVR last night and the print is now very small and does not stay up long, even shorter time than old guide. You have to keep hitting INFO button to read if the data is long. The bedroom TV (Pace DVR) was still showing old (read better) guide at 11pm last night. Not impressed in the slightest. If it ain't broke keep picking at it until it breaks. Murphy's Law #2: If more than one thing can go wrong, the thing that goes wrong is the one that does the most damage. Sailmaker
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-02-08, 11:50 AM

My post above was referring to the information on the individual TV channel being watched at the time, not the guide on channel 72 (Burlington area). My bad!

Speaking of the channel or program guide, every time I call it up it seems to be starting around channel 2 or maybe 10. Does it ever get up to channel 760 or so? It has little value to me also. Bottom line here don't get old. Did I mention crotchety? 85 and counting. sailmaker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in