Cogeco 4K Discussions - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-03-26, 11:27 AM

Sure will, installation is April first, switching from Shaw Direct/Starchoice after 22 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-03-27, 08:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade View Post
Sure will, installation is April first, switching from Shaw Direct/Starchoice after 22 years.
Looks like you will have to give your report on or after April 4. leafs play on tsn4 that night, no Raptors before then.
taylormade likes this.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-01, 11:06 AM
Rookie

I got my Arris Tivo 4k receiver installed last night in chatham here.Video setting on the box is 2160p all the time.Tsn 4k had soccer game never came in,i called in and she said i never had 4 k box,I had to explain to her i did.Picture is even better for regular hd channels.Overall its awesome picture until they figure it all out will take time i am sure.Box itself is smaller has no fan like T-6 tivo had,hopefully it doesn't get too hot.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-01, 12:37 PM

HERE WE GO... Dude just left after installing my Cogeco/Tivo 4k, as soon as he plugged in the HDMI I get a load buzz from speakers, he ran all new wires from the poll. Also, did he bring the wrong box??? I have the Tivo T6.....Told him this was no good and that we need to try another box or something, he had to go and said he might be able to bring another box by later, this is before I discovered that I think I have a wrong box. WTF
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-01, 01:15 PM

Well I went to the Cogeco store yesterday to discuss adding the 4K to my plan. Unfortunately it would cost $25 per month to add this to my current plan. I find it tough to swallow when there is currently only one channel with very limited programming available....have to say that I'm a little more than disappointed.

The only possible "upside" would be to upgrade to the Ultimate Mix package for 95/month. But that would include both the 15/month rental fee of the new 4k box and the 10/month charge for the 4K programming. Seems like a lot of money for so little added benefit.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 10:04 PM

Still have the buzz but as for the picture, I am really impressed. Keep in mind that you would need a large tv to see any difference. Watching the Leafs in 4k...even though the guide says basketball is on No mosquito noise or compression artifacts and that is what ruined my picture on my 174" with my satellite dishes (I need every pixel I can get) , it's a nice clean picture.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-07, 07:31 PM

A pleasant surprise, turned on my TV and found that Cogeco now has 2 Sportsnet 4K channels
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-08, 01:01 AM

Was just coming to add that.
taylormade likes this.

Cogeco - Mix 40 with TiVo T6 DVR & 2 TiVo Minis, UltraFibre 360; Rogers - LG G7 ThinQ; Koodo - Wireless Home Phone
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-08, 01:27 AM

Did you mean TSN4K? I do t see one Sportsnet 4K, let alone two where I live.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-08, 10:50 AM
Rookie

Red face Sportsnet 4k channels

They show up here too,1234, 1236 but there is no signal,not available.Guide is showing programming.Called tech twice 30 mins each time,there working on getting signal to the boxes.Tsn 4k has masters golf on which looks amazing.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-08, 12:32 PM

I called also but the Jays games that are 4k are only home games so we will have to see after their road trip
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-11, 02:07 PM
Rookie

I'm looking to switch from the TiVo box to the new 4K TiVo. Are the one pass info transferred or are they only locally stored on the home box? Also, would I need a service visit to swap them? Since I'm already set I hope I can just set up the box.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-11, 03:32 PM

The OnePass I would think is stored on the box itself. PRobably just takes a few moments to set the new box up for that. I'd recommend removing the info from the box you are getting removed before they arrive though.

They have to come and set it up because it involves setting it up for your account, line-up and also connecting any minis to look at this box instead of the old one - that is if you have any minis. There are probably other reasons too.

Cogeco - Mix 40 with TiVo T6 DVR & 2 TiVo Minis, UltraFibre 360; Rogers - LG G7 ThinQ; Koodo - Wireless Home Phone
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 2017-04-13, 08:55 PM

The Sportsnet 4K channels are working, Jays will look really good when they lose again.
denben73, CamDAB and HowieDoin2 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in