Cogeco and DVRs - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-27, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Cogeco and DVRs

Hi all, I'm new here so hopefully I follow the rules. I have a question about Cogeco cable. This is an issue we've been having for a year and Cogeco has no answer for us. So hoping someone here can help. We have two TVS and two DVR's.The one upstairs works fine, no issues. However, the one in our family room often goes awry. What happens is the movement of the mouth of the person speaking on the screen and the words are off, not in sync. It's hard to explain. What we have to do to correct it is hit 'last' on our remote to go to a former channel then hit 'last' to return to return to the station we are watching and that will reset and correct the problem. We can go days without it happening, but other times it will happen happen frequently. Cogeco have no idea what I'm talking about when I explain it to them, so are of no help. Grrrr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-27, 06:49 PM
Veteran

If it's a rental box, get it replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-27, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
If it's a rental box, get it replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Have done so 2x already so I'm thinking it isn't the cable / dvr box. Maybe a wire issue Was hoping someone else has experienced this and what they did to fix it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-27, 08:59 PM
Rookie

Are you using HDMI or component cables? Also is this with live tv or recordings? Do you have a receiver for sound or tv speakers?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-27, 09:45 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Here's a post on Synch issues. Perhaps it'll help understand the issue. Since you're able to correct the issue, then perhaps this is enough:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/131926-post2.html

And here's a post useful for those new to the forum:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-h...ing-forum.html

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-28, 10:51 AM

Assuming you're using HDMI cables, why not switch the cable on the downstairs DVR with the upstairs one and see if the problem continues. If it doesn't, then obviously it must be the cable. Another suggestion, but since you've already replaced the DVR it might not work, but you could detach the coax cable and re-attach it on the downstairs DVR. I assume you've also gone into the menu on both DVRs and made sure the settings match on both machines. Hope this helps.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2016-01-31, 05:35 AM

Would it be possible to swap the locations of the 2 PVR's to see if the issue follows the PVR or remains at the same location.?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in