Cogeco Channel Discussion Thread - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-27, 06:51 PM

It would make sense for us, the customers, to have that happen although a good number of customers would almost scream bloody murder at that happening. (EEK! Change! )

They should move the sports ones in the 730s and 740s up into the upper half of the 800s, moving the kiddie channels down into the 730s. Remove the duplicates from SuperChannel and TMN and move Hollywood suite into the 790s once they make a bit of room in that group. They probably won't do that since they have to other two types of packaging now that suffles the channels even more. Also, they probably want you to see all the channels you don't sub to to show you what you are missing.

Maybe move CTV2 to 705 now that it is open? Must be a Cogeco thing, systems in Oakville, etc. do the same thing...CTV2 in the low 800s putting it nowhere near the other locals.

Also, I would LOVE to see WKBD and WMYD added in HD. They get them in HD OTA, no reason to not let it pass through instead of downconverting them.

Last edited by denben73; 2015-02-27 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Added thoughts on theme packs and HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-25, 04:56 PM
Rookie

Mislabelled channels on guide

Had TiVo installed last week and I've noticed the guide has mislabelled channels. 701 (CJOHDT), 702 (CBOTDT) are listed as Ottawa channels and even display the Ottawa news but the actual programming is from Toronto. Living in the Ottawa Valley I really don't care about Toronto news. Where are the HD Ottawa feeds that the guide describes.
post #33 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 12:48 PM

A little birdy whispered in my ear that AMC HD is finally coming in "a couple months".
We shall see.

post #34 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 01:34 PM

As long as we get it before Fear The Walking Dead in the summer, that's fine with me.
post #35 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 02:08 PM

pooper, I could see that. I have a feeling we will be seeing lots of new (to us) HD content this year since Cogeco is almost digital only on all their systems and will be completed in the next two months or so. Lots of bandwidth opening up that was being hogged by analog channels.
post #36 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 02:43 PM

Now, all we need (to make me happy, at least) is Turner Classic Movies in HD. That will complete my wish list.
post #37 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 02:49 PM

@bbailey861, would you at least settle for TCM in SD?
post #38 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 03:31 PM

With CNN and HLN coming in HD and CNN International in SD coming, one would think there is a new deal with Turner now. I can easily see TCM and WPCH coming back in a few months also.

As for AMC, it's very possible, IMO. The CSRs tones have changed completely whenever someone brings up AMC HD, like they know it is coming but no official date is set yet.

Just need Fox Sports Racing and MLB too. Maybe the western feeds of CBC, CTV, CTV2, Global and CITY in HD would be nice, or at the very least the CBC?

Anything else missing?
post #39 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaustin90 View Post
As long as we get it before Fear The Walking Dead in the summer, that's fine with me.
In time for Mad Men would be nice, but within the next week would seem to be pushing it.
post #40 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-31, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaustin90 View Post
@bbailey861, would you at least settle for TCM in SD?
I would certainly happily take it as a beginning - although I can't understand why one would be taken and not the other. The HD version is truly superior. I watch it continually when I visit family who live in a Rogers zone and clearly see the difference, especially when viewed on a larger screen. We love old movies in our house, and TCM really does offer a superior product.
post #41 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-31, 12:03 PM

Oh there's no doubt about it, HD is superior to SD in every single way. But we've had AMC SD for 5 years now, with no HD at all. So why would Cogeco get AMC SD without HD? (rhetorical question)

So there's a precedent set here. Cogeco COULD get the SD version without the HD version, since that's what happened with AMC. It would suck, I agree, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities.
post #42 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-03-31, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Just as an FYI, providers negotiate the rights for SD and HD channels separately. Same goes for VOD, stuff on the web, streaming, etc. All negotiated separately, although they may negotiate a package obviously.

Sometimes the version may even be different. For example, HD may have DD5.1 on TMN channels and DD2.0 on the VOD-HD version... Aspect ratios can also be different (2.35/1 vs 1.78:1, etc). Strange I know, but it does happen.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #43 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-04-13, 10:53 PM
Rookie

does anyone in Windsor, get the WWE Network and does NOT stretch their picture or distort it, and keep the Original Aspect Ratio?

Reason I ask.. WWE network in HD comes in at 4:3 on EVERY Program.. Live events, new shows.... Except the 80s stuff.. that comes in at half the size of 4:3.

It's done this since launch and I've talked to like 5 people there, I've gotten discounts, a month free... but the problem isn't going away. Their original response was telling me to change the picture on my TV, which now destroys every other channel, so I told them that's not an option.. They told me its not a "company wide issue" .... I ordered on the 29th of March, today is the 13th of April and it's still there.. I'm trying to find more people with this issue so they actually escalate it and do something about it before I just cancel it.
post #44 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-04-23, 09:36 AM

CNN and HLN HD delayed until June.
post #45 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-04-23, 11:39 AM

Any word yet on AMC HD?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in