Cogeco Channel Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-01-05, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailmaker View Post
I hate Rogers with a passion that knows no bounds but it is time for Rogers to buy out this neanderthal family run business. It used to be good or acceptable but now it seems they have personal vendettas against anything to do with Ted Turner even though he is no longer connected with most or all former enterprises.

You will never see FX2 on Cogeco, nor will you see TCM, and others mentioned in earlier posts. Dealing with most customer helpers over the internet is a pleasant experience but some of the store front reps need a refresher course in attitude towards the customers. Lines can get long and tedious sometimes.
sailmaker
Regarding TCM, when you say never - do you mean "NEVER" as in they'll never even sit down and talk together never? I've certainly heard - for years - about the famous Audet/Turner feud, but I expected to see some movement on it over the years, if nothing else but for the business aspect of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-01-07, 01:15 PM

I'm not a Cogeco subscriber, but it is WGN America, the superstation feed, that is going away in Canada, as it converted to a cable channel in the US on January 1, 2015. As far as I know, Cogeco was one of the very few providers that still even offered it. All of the other providers make use of the local Chicago WGN TV 9 (CW affiliate) feed, that has been provided by Shaw Broadcast Services since 2007.

If Cogeco is dropping the local Chicago feed too, then it must be due to circumstances specific to them only, as no other providers have been affected.
post #18 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-01-11, 12:33 PM
Veteran

Does anyone know if these channels are available in Quebec. I noticed them listed on the site but they don't appear to be in the TV Listings

Bravo HD
MeteoMedia HD
The Weather Network HD
VividTV Canada HD (French Version)
YTV HD

post #19 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-01-15, 04:36 PM

Noticed today that both WGN feeds are completely gone from the guide in Windsor. Any bets on the next channel to be pulled?
post #20 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 01:45 AM

Cogeco is adding FXX Canada Feb 24 the channel will be in HD on 761
and sd

CNN HD and HLN HD will be added in April
post #21 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 09:17 AM

WWE is being added on March 26th, according to http://about.rogers.com/About/Media_...Providers.aspx

That should make some folks happy. Posts to the Cogeco FB page will be quiet after that one launches. Then again, the AMC fans will be even more ticked off.
post #22 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 10:01 AM
Veteran

Interesting that they are adding CNN HD and HLN HD but not TCM HD. Usually Time Warner ties new carriage agreements with TCM and WPCH.
post #23 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 10:43 AM

I am praying they are working on details to acquire TCM HD. That and AMC HD are, quite literally, all I need to have everything I want.
post #24 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 11:25 AM

It's possible TCM is coming at that time but since we don't have TCM at all, its "announcement" may be being held back until that time. I'm speculating of course. I'd love to see Peachtree come back and NOT as a superstation either. I'd love to see KTLA, WSBK and WPIX be removed as supers and just in another package or a-la-carte. It could even go to the Timeshift package too.

As for AMC, who knows. They have nothing to do with the Turner channels and from what I've seen over the years, they seem to be threatening to pull their signals with just about every provider big or small over the years. They may be not that easy to negotiate with...don't know.

We'll just have to wait for a couple more months. What's 2 more at this point?
post #25 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudcanadian
Cogeco is adding FXX Canada Feb 24 the channel will be in HD on 761
and sd
Any word yet on who will be able to get this channel? Or will it be available to everyone who has the regular other similar channels?
post #26 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-16, 04:40 PM
Rookie

Take this for what it's worth, but this is a tweet I got from Cogeco helps twitter account today in regards to AMC HD

Cogeco ‏@cogecohelps 5h5 hours ago
@_tallen77_ Hello, I am hoping to have more information about AMC HD soon! I'll let you know when we have an update. #Cogeco ^ms
post #27 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-17, 12:57 AM

jeff...nothing has been said and they may not say anything until it shows up. My guess is with the same packages as FX but I'm not sure.

tallen...I would take that as meaning they are trying to get it and not saying no outright. As to when....who knows.
post #28 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-20, 10:21 AM

Thanks denben73.

Also, for the WWE Network, will we be getting a free month-long preview starting on March 26th? The rest of the world got some kind of free preview, so are we being screwed out of it?
post #29 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-26, 06:36 PM

According to http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resid...ct_package.php, FXX is in the same package as FX.

EDIT: As for WWE, we'll find out in about a month.

I had always thought Eastlink was the only company that was super tight-lipped about anything new, Cogeco proved me wrong.

Last edited by denben73; 2015-02-26 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added WWE sentence
post #30 of 178 (permalink) Old 2015-02-27, 01:25 PM

Fantastic! Now I won't have to watch It's Always Sunny online anymore.

Random question - with all these new channels popping up in the last 2 years, what are the odds we'll get a massive rearranging of the HD lineup this year? With Cogeco's theme packs all over the place regarding HD, I think it makes sense to put them all in order of theme packs so people don't have to scroll all over the place for their channels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in