Cogeco TiVo service - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 381 (permalink) Old 2014-12-26, 08:15 AM

Location: Ancaster, ON / Cogeco Cable & Internet, Slingbox, Samsung 3D SmartTv, Samsung 3d BluRay, Xbox, Wii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
Make sure you don't have some form of IR interference. Each STB can be more or less susceptible. Here's the thread on the topic. The TV is the usual suspect, which is usually easy to check by turning off the TV and seeing if the STB responds. Additional light during the day may have an effect.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64463
I can't see it being that. Turning the TV off and attempting to change the channel doesn't work either. However, if I unplug and reboot the box, it works for about 15-25 mins, then once again goes unresponsive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-01-08, 01:30 PM
Rookie

Question Cogeco TIVO vs Fibe Fibe TV

I am moving soon to a new home and Fibe TV is available at my new home. I currently have Bell satellite TV and want something better. I have been comparing Cogeco's TIVO offering and Bell Fibe TV and not sure which one is better or worse. Costs are similar for me, so it is just depending on the type of service. How is the new TIVO service? Is Cogeco TIVO good? Anyone using it? Anyone have prior experience with Fibe TV?

Last edited by 57; 2015-01-08 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Moved to TiVo Thread since questions mainly about TiVo
post #123 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-01-08, 08:31 PM

I've never had Fibe TV but I've had the Cogeco Tivo service for a couple of months now and it's great. The interface is fast and easy to navigate. I like that I can hide the channels that I don't get so I don't have to see them in the guide. I also like having YouTube and Netflix built right in so I never need to switch inputs. Hope this helps.

post #124 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-01-09, 11:38 AM

We have Fibe TV and have found it superior to cable, in that the sound and picture qualities are better. I have never had the TIVO, as it did not exist until after we switched to Bell. The Bell Fibe IGuide allows you to hide channels you don't get, however, the premium channels such as the movie channels do appear.
post #125 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-01-10, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper View Post
The Arris modem absolutely DOES work in bridge mode.
For me, it was as simple as selecting bridge mode, saving the setting, and then restarting the modem. I then plugged in my own router without changing any of its settings. Everything worked just like it had with Cogeco's older modem.
After a couple of days, I wanted to see if I could use my router AND still be able to stream to mobile devices at the same time. It takes some more work, but I was able to get that working too.
Either way, it can be done.
Can you please post a more detailed tutorial on how did you make it to still work with streaming to devices in bridge mode ?

Thank you,

Julian
post #126 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-02-02, 04:45 PM

Cogeco no longer requires you to have two TVs to use the TiVo service. One TV will now work with it.

Just an FYI.
post #127 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-02-13, 07:27 PM

Does anyone know if the Opera App Store is on the cogeco TiVos?
post #128 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-02-16, 11:34 PM

Yes, it is.
post #129 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-21, 06:35 PM

DenBen73 wrote: Cogeco no longer requires you to have two TVs to use the TiVo service. One TV will now work with it.

Do you have a link to that change in policy perhaps? I talked to a Cogeco installer last week and he was still telling me it was only available for customers with 2 or more TV's to replace the Whole Home package. Not doubting you, just wanting to confirm since I've have 2 long and somewhat heated discussions with them on the phone over this very issue and they promised..ha!...to let me know if they EVER changed this policy..
post #130 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-21, 06:48 PM

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r298...standalone-DVR

They have also posted it in various Facebook postings around 2 months ago.
post #131 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-21, 11:26 PM

Thank you so much..

Kingston-Pace RNG200N,Paradigm Studio 60 v3, Paradigm CC 590 v5, Anthem MRX 700, Panny VT-55, Oppo BDP-83, Oppo BDP 105
post #132 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-25, 12:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
The Arris modem absolutely DOES work in bridge mode.
For me, it was as simple as selecting bridge mode, saving the setting, and then restarting the modem. I then plugged in my own router without changing any of its settings. Everything worked just like it had with Cogeco's older modem.
After a couple of days, I wanted to see if I could use my router AND still be able to stream to mobile devices at the same time. It takes some more work, but I was able to get that working too.
Either way, it can be done.
looking for info on how you setup your network to work with the Arris MoCA modem. I have two Airport Time Capsules that I'd like to incorporate. Thanks
post #133 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-27, 03:56 PM

I would be interested in hearing how to make this work as well. When I put the Arris modem into Bridge Mode, my two Tivo Mini's stopped working and was told by support that if you have minis, they need the router component to be turned on.
post #134 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-28, 08:26 PM

I had the same issues with Bridge mode, so I just plugged my Netgear AC router directly into the Arris and it works perfectly. All my components run off the netgear without issue. The arris still broadcasts, but nothing connects to it.
post #135 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-03-30, 02:19 AM

It may work fine for a while, but you are likely to run into issues unless you follow Pooper's advice in the post below. Issues would arise from the Arris router and your personal router BOTH trying to assign IPs, and do NAT, and apply UPNP to the same computers.
BTW, if you have an Asus RT-N66U personal router, then you can put it into "Access Point Mode" in the settings which disables DHCP/NAT/UPNP automatically and as a bonus it lets you plug the input ethernet into the WAN port giving you 4 free LAN ports for your other ethernet devices (most routers require you use one of the LAN ports as input).

Quote:
You don't need to use bridge mode at all. You just need to turn off DHCP, and UPNP in your router, give it a static ip address (outside the range that Cogeco's router uses to supply addresses to connected devices), and connect it to Cogeco's modem/router through its LAN port (not WAN). You can then turn off wireless completely in Cogeco's modem, and have it just do the routing while using the wireless radios from your router.

CogecoTivo+2 Minis, Samsung PN58C6500, LG BD590 BluRay, PioneerElite SC-05 Rcvr, Xbox One&360, Ouya, ATV1, WDTVLive+, PC

Tags
tivo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in