Cogeco TiVo service - Page 26 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #376 of 381 (permalink) Old 2019-05-12, 10:19 AM

I actually find the whole new interface way too slow. I don't know if the hardware we have is capable of running through the various menus in a quick enough manner. There's just a bit too much lagginess for my liking. My promotional offer ends in July and I have to think about what I will do. Really don't want to go back to Bell but also not sure staying with this is a viable option either. Can any others comment on their experience with the new interface?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 381 (permalink) Old 2019-05-13, 09:24 AM

I too find the new interface too slow and there is an additional step to delete PVR recordings. I am only a few mths into my current "contract" but the pricing is not great this time 'round. Bell Fibe is supposed to be in my neighbourhood this summer. I think I'll be switching (the new customers around me are getting 2 yr offers from Bell for good prices). I despise Bell, but it all comes down to cost for me. I'm Fine with switching every coupla yrs, chasing the best price...

Cogeco Tivo+2 minis
post #378 of 381 (permalink) Old 2019-05-13, 12:17 PM
Rookie

This new interface is waaaaay slower for me. I can count to 5 between button clicks. I've tried rebooting and freeing up my available space with no luck. I wish Cogeco would offer the option to let users roll back to Tivo Experience 3 like Tivo allows in the US.

post #379 of 381 (permalink) Old 2019-05-13, 02:27 PM

If you can count to 5, you either count very fast or your hardware could be failing. Just my opinion.

This interface is definitely not instant...FAR from it. Overall, I don't find it that different in the grand scheme of things. I see a lot less of the blue circle of death that we used to get when the TiVo servers were busy on the old interface. I get info on the top of screen as I move through the guide, in a second....rarely longer. It takes time for my eyes to move to the top of screen anyways.

There are things I like better in the new one, and things I prefer from the old interface. My only true pet peeve is the left arrow key doesn't go back anymore. That takes getting used to.

I think if they had different colour options (like the pre-HD iGuide), more folks would be okay with it.

Cogeco - Mix 40, Timeshifting, TiVo T6 DVR & 2 Minis, UltraFibre 360; Rogers - LG G7ThinQ; Koodo - Wireless Home Phone
post #380 of 381 (permalink) Old 2019-05-13, 03:21 PM
Rookie

Sorry, I should have said there are times when I can count to 5 between button clicks. It's usually when I'm in My Shows and I get the spinning ring and a service error message pops up occasionally as well. I agree about the colour options. They should have a Classic mode or something like that. There's a point upgrade to 21.9.1 that I hope Cogeco is going to update to. It's supposed to move My Shows to far-left column and show more info along with making fewer clicks to get to playing a show.
post #381 of 381 (permalink) Old 2019-05-18, 10:57 AM

I am not sure if you would be interested in this, but there are Cogeco PVRs that are not Tivos. I have one it is an Arris DCX3520e-M. I decided a few months ago to get rid of the Tivo (a mistake - I miss the Tivo). I went to the Cogeco store and asked if they have non-Tivo PVRs. They did and gave me one. As for Bell, I wouldn't switch back. They have awful customer service.

Tags
tivo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in