Cogeco TiVo service - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #211 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-10, 06:54 AM
Rookie

@Zekes your method worked for me also, went from iiaa originally, to unchecking boxes on Tivo.com then to iiia, then rechecking on Tivo and got to aaaa. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-10, 10:08 AM

@Zekes Thanks for the info. I'm going to find some time and try putting the Arris modem/router into bridge mode again, put my ASUS router back into router mode from access point mode, and my OOMA voip back behind my own ASUS router. Just need to set aside a few hours for the inevitable multiple power cycling and rebootings of everything. Right now I'm "in progress" with Cogeco tech support over the Netflix app disappearing from my TiVo. I've had to revert a bunch of stuff back to "Cogeco standard" mode to try and get that resolved first.

Did you have to do anything with the Arris other than change it from RoutingWithNAT to Bridge mode, pull the battery, recycle the power and reboot it? (I've currently got a bunch of static IP, port triggering and virtual server routing definitions for my OOMA voip and Plex server to undo as well.)

Thanks,
...alan
post #213 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-10, 02:04 PM

@Timmer No Problem. I use mine more for uploading shows from my NAS to the TiVo's so my wife doesn't have to switch inputs and use plex (I really hope cogeco updates our boxes for Plex like the US Boxes). PYTIVO will transcode and send a show there, the only catch is once you upload a show it gets the copyright flag and can't be re-downloaded to a PC.

post #214 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-10, 02:09 PM

@DigitalCyclist That's all I did. Just an FYI make sure to disconnect the coax from the mini's and set the main roamio to Ethernet before you do that. The reason for this is if you leave it all connected the Arris may give the ip address to one of the TIVO's instead of your router. I was hours cursing at the Arris until I realized what was happening. It's too bad they won't allow you to disable MOCA completely.
DigitalCyclist likes this.
post #215 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-11, 10:19 AM

@Zekes - thanks once again. I was running quite successfully with TiVO e-net connected instead of MOCA. I had simply connected it to my router and assigned two static IP addresses to TiVO's two MACs, used the TiVO settings menus to connect via Ethernet instead of MOCA, and then turned off MOCA in the Arris configuration menus.
Experimenting with TiVO PC Desktop and pyTivo in an attempt to make the TiVO into an all-in-one media centre ended up clobbering Cogeco's Netflix app. I've had to revert to a "Cogeco standard" config for now to try and get that resolved. Then I'll work on a better modem/router congfig. Your note about disconnecting the coax from the Arris indicates what probably scuppered my previous attempt at bridge mode.
post #216 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-13, 06:57 AM

I haven't play with anything, and I lost Netflix as well any thought?
post #217 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-14, 10:25 AM

@Stupd
Have you lost the YouTube app as well? I lost both the Netflix and YouTube apps.
If you try to switch to channel 661 (or whatever the Netflix channel is in your region), do you get Error Code V301 "App Temporarily Unavailable"?
If yes to both, then you would appear to be in the same predicament I am.
The first thing you can try (based on TiVO.com support forums) is a reset/reboot of TiVO (but NOT a reset to factory defaults).
Do this from the TiVO Central menu: Menu > Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset > Restart Tivo Box then three ThumbsDown and Enter.
It'll take a few minutes to reboot, and then a while longer to load the guide. (This will NOT cause you to lose channel selections, saved recordings or OnePass setup.)
Then check again for Netflix and Youtube in the TiVO menus, or channel 661 (or your regional Netflix channel).
If still no luck, then you're exactly where I'm stuck.

According to TiVO.com support forums, my next step is to do a factory reset. That'll wipe out channel settings, recordings, and OnePass setup though, so I've got those noted to re-enter. Cogeco has been waffling on letting me do that since it'll unpair the CableCard and cause a basic setup of the box to be needed at their end too. If they don't come back to me soon, I'm going to do it and then call in and say, "It's broken!".

Last edited by DigitalCyclist; 2015-09-14 at 01:04 PM. Reason: corrected error code on channel 661
post #218 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-14, 02:13 PM

yeap! v301 no youtube and I did all the reset possible except the factory one. so we are on the same page.

Last edited by Stupd; 2015-09-14 at 08:02 PM.
post #219 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-15, 12:03 AM
Rookie

I just signed up with tivo, through cogeco, in Peterborough Ontario. The router they installed sucks really bad! Signals constantly dropping from my devices. Going to bridge my original router back, and see if I get a better wifi signal. Otherwise, I'm getting rid of this tivo garbage.
post #220 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-15, 10:42 AM

Considering switching from Bell satellite to Cogeco Tivo but have some concerns about the connections and how many TV's I can run of the system.
With Bell I have 4 Tvs upstairs, 1 In basement and 1 in living room, some share the same signal - meaning running of the same PVR/receiver.

I'm looking for some advise on how to set this up in my house. I do have coax going to all rooms but not Cat5. I read that one can use a Moca connection but I'm not sure I understand how the signal gets from the main Tivo DRV to all the Tivo minis.
Thanks
post #221 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-15, 11:18 AM

Coax is the preferred method of connecting the Mini's to the T6 (base unit). Ethernet can also be used, but I'm not sure Cogeco will help set that up.
The technical limit for the number of Mini's you can connect is 10, but again, I'm not sure what Cogeco sets as their limit.
post #222 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-15, 11:37 AM

Cogeco limits Tivo mini to 5, not sure why.
So form the base T6 unit I have to run a coax to each Tivo mini or does it go through some sort of splitter? One coax from T6 to splitter and then 5 coax from splitter to each Tivo mini?
post #223 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-16, 07:25 AM

I think all of the splitters go on the line as it comes in the house. So, the T6, the modem, and each Mini gets its own coaxial cable.
post #224 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-16, 01:12 PM

@Stupd
An update on missing Netflix and YouTube apps on TiVO with Cogeco.
This morning I ignored the big scary warnings in the TiVO menus and did a "Clear and delete everything" which wiped TiVO and forced a reset to factory defaults and a reload of Cogeco's firmware/software. I then had to go through the guided setup, which was quite painless. Despite the warnings, TiVO's CableCARD did re-pair to the Cogeco servers and everything is working just great again. I lost all channel and OnePass settings and had to re-establish them as expected.

However, Netflix and YouTube apps are still missing. Channel 661 still shows "error v301 - app missing" for Netflix.

I called Cogeco's tech support who verified that from their end everything came back up cleanly. They updated my problem ticket for the "factory reset" action and reflagged it for escalation.

I'll update this status if/when anything else happens. In the meantime, I'm glad for my AppleTV which gives me quite nice Netflix and YouTube apps.

If you (or anyone else with this problem) get a fix, please update the thread. Thanks!
...alan
Stupd likes this.
post #225 of 381 (permalink) Old 2015-09-16, 11:34 PM

Same problem here. I have called and been escalated. Sounds like we are not alone in our V301 world.
Cheers.

Tags
tivo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in