CNN sound level dips, anyone else? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2014-04-21, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

CNN sound level dips, anyone else?

We've been watching CNN a lot more lately due to their coverage of the MH370 disappearance. It's like a nightly soap opera that's a little addictive.....

Anyways, I've noticed for that every so often the sound level drops by about two thirds. It lasts about 5-10 seconds or so and recovers. I'm not talking about differences between the main feed and the commercials as I expect there to be differences cutting back and forth to/from commercials and between commercials. What I'm noticing is that it happens during the regular part of the programming. It happens every 5-10 minutes or so. It doesn't matter if I'm watching live, after a pause, or if a segment was recorded and being played back. It doesn't seem to happen on any other channels - only CNN, which. Cogeco only offers in SD.

Is anybody else noticing anything like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2014-04-21, 07:54 PM
Rookie

I have noticed the sound in general on CNN is lower than other stations. And don't you find it odd that Cogeco runs their own ads in place of CNN's, touting their HD offerings?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2014-04-22, 01:02 PM
Veteran

I haven't noticed, but to be certain check with another tuner in your house.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2014-04-22, 06:19 PM

The reason this happens is that CNN is an American channel. I have also noticed this on TLC and Peachtree (when we had Shaw).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in