Cogeco TV Display Programming Guide - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-01-16, 02:18 AM

As a guess I'd say you'll see a new guide with a new PVR. They probably feel it isn't worth the time, money, effort to make one work with the existing units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-01-16, 04:42 PM

I think Cogeco should improve their I-guide. For starters, they could indicate unsubscribed channels (this may not be technologically possible).
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-01-20, 11:27 AM
Veteran

I hate how slow the current guide on my Motorola 6416 is. Press a button and have to wait for something to happen. Not always, but so often. Just seems so 1999. Are the newer boxes faster with the i-guide?

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-01-20, 03:59 PM
Veteran

When I was on Cogeco I had a couple of boxes, one SD and the other a Pace 550D (HD, no PVR) and they both were quick with the guide.

It might be a issue with that Moto box...

Cameron

DAB listener 12/2003-11/2011 (DAB Off-Air since 11/2011)
HD radio Listener since 06/2010
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-05-28, 03:59 PM

Hi, just switched back to Cogeco after years with a dish. Not sure what model PVR they're renting me (which ever one has the 2 year free rental deal), but is there any way to remove channels that I don't subscribe to from the guide?

Thanks,
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-05-28, 06:50 PM

Nope. It sure would be nice.
Maybe one day...when they finally update the guide we've been using since 1994.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-05-29, 09:52 AM

The only way to do hide channels you don't get is to enter the channels you do get as favourites. To do this click on favourites in the menu and follow the prompts. I realize this will take some time to do. I never did it when we had Cogeco, so I don't know how long it would take.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-05-30, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loracweb View Post
As a guess I'd say you'll see a new guide with a new PVR. They probably feel it isn't worth the time, money, effort to make one work with the existing units.
When Cogeco migrated from the old full-screen tan guide to the current blue one, they provided the update to all receivers including the old first-gen DCT2000s that still said General Instruments on them. The only difference is that those older boxes didn't have picture in picture. Knowing this, I would suspect that if Cogeco does release a new guide it's likely that they'll roll it out to more than just a new PVR, as it would makes training support staff that much easier.

They did team up with some company last year to deploy a new guide. When they do is anyone's guess. The guide Shaw Cable uses on the exact same hardware is light years ahead of the dated SD stuff that Cogeco is using.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-05-30, 01:46 AM

The Shaw guide looks the same as it always has, except for the newer units like the DCX3510 or Gateway series. The DCX3510 on Shaw have horrible software though so the new guide is nice buy the overall experience is worse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in