Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Cogeco Programming, Packages & Pricing Discussion

72K views 90 replies 45 participants last post by  rarmstro 
#1 ·
This thread is to discuss programming and packages available from Cogeco

This is the thread to post in if you are investigating changing your programming or investigating what is available on Cogeco. Hardware pricing can also be discussed here.

#2 ·
U.S. Superstations

Can anyone confirm that the U.S. Superstations - WPIX, WGN, KTLA & WSBK are still available with The Movie Network package. It's only listed as included in the Super Channel package, which we are not interested in. Receiving conflicting reports from customer service.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Time Shifting Channels Removed

I received an email from Cogeco today informing of the following:
Dear Valued Customer,

At Cogeco, we are committed to providing you with the very best services that entertain, inform, and connect your world. As part of our efforts to continuously improve our TV packages, we are making several changes in the upcoming weeks to harmonize our TV packages across Ontario.

Therefore, we are revising the list of channels available in your TV package. Here is a summary of what will change in the upcoming weeks:

Channels permanently added to your current package
Treehouse – a great line up of kids' programming
V – a French channel that goes beyond the usual with original programming (available on channel 541 SD and 563 HD)
Channels removed from your current package
The West feeds for NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS will now be available in the Time Shifting theme pack, which can be added to any Digital Select package.
Salt+Light and EWTN – will be available through the new 'Heart and Soul' pack FREE of charge
Télé Québec will no longer be available

I really do not care about Treehouse or "V', but am super ticked off about losing the time shifting US channels. Last month they told me the price was going up 3 dollars and now tell me that for the added money I am lucky enough to lose some of the most watched and recorded channels.

#16 · (Edited)
I received an email from Cogeco today informing of the following:
Dear Valued Customer,

At Cogeco, we are committed to providing you with the very best services that entertain, inform, and connect your world. As part of our efforts to continuously improve our TV packages, we are making several changes in the upcoming weeks to harmonize our TV packages across Ontario.

Therefore, we are revising the list of channels available in your TV package. Here is a summary of what will change in the upcoming weeks:

Channels permanently added to your current package
Treehouse – a great line up of kids' programming
V – a French channel that goes beyond the usual with original programming (available on channel 541 SD and 563 HD)
Channels removed from your current package
The West feeds for NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS will now be available in the Time Shifting theme pack, which can be added to any Digital Select package.
Salt+Light and EWTN – will be available through the new 'Heart and Soul' pack FREE of charge
Télé Québec will no longer be available

I really do not care about Treehouse or "V', but am super ticked off about losing the time shifting US channels. Last month they told me the price was going up 3 dollars and now tell me that for the added money I am lucky enough to lose some of the most watched and recorded channels.
Just got the same BS letter from Cogeco

Love the phrase "..to continuously improve.." especially in light of them actually reducing services.

The worst part is where would I go? From what I have seen in this forum, none of the providers are worth switching to.

#9 ·
I was just going to comment on losing all the west channels...I've had time shifting for years..So am i losing these channels? If so where are the moving too..I think it's time to give back there PVR, cancel the Super Sports Package..maybe look for another option..lol

#11 ·
Usual Cogeco Robbery

This is the usual robbery that Cogeco does from time to time and they seem to be able to get away with it.
I really like having the channels from out West. It gives me a 2nd chance to watch a program I may have missed.
Earlier they removed Showcase-Pacific without any notice. Poof! and it was gone.
We are getting rate increases while our programming is being reduced. I am seriously looking at satellite TV now.:mad:

#13 ·
Gained TSN2 in the new line up, but can't access it

We received that letter, saying we will lose S&L and Tele Quebec?
Will gain TSN 2, Treehouse and V?

I visited the local Cogeco store and was advised ( I was only really interested in TSN2) that you cant access the new additions with a Cogeco adapter, but with a digital box ($4) or a HD box ($7) I can get it.
I have a HD box and can verify I get the channel on one TV, but not on the TV in my home office associated with the adapter.
Great so we get a letter (undated ) from Ron Perrotta VP Marketing, saying
"Channels permanently added to your current package"
What he didn't say was it will cost you the price of a digital box to receive them.
Why cant the adapters receive the new channel additions???
The guy in the store said the adapters were only meant for the initial migration from digital.
I would like an answer from cogeco, on an open forum
thankyou

#14 ·
I currently have all my services with Cogeco for the last 8 years. It is time to move on. Cogeco is too expensive for what they offer. I am seriously thinking of jumping to Bell and getting all my services from them. Their introductory prices are so much cheaper than what I am paying for and even after that the prices are cheaper than what I am currently paying with Cogeco.

I am just waiting for a response to a question I posted in the Fibe tv forum. That will be my deciding factor. Anyone else leave Cogeco for Bell?

#23 ·
West Coast channels

I know that a lot of people complained including myself about losing the West Coast channels.

I saw a posting on a different forum that if you call 1-855-318-2082, they will add a code to your account and you won't lose the channels. You have to do it before July 31st, and I think it only applies to the HD West Coast channels.

Also if you move, you'll lose the package and if you want the West Cost channels you have to pay.

It worked for me!! My account shows this..

US Time Shifting Pack - TV $0.00

#37 ·
I know that a lot of people complained including myself about losing the West Coast channels.

I saw a posting on a different forum that if you call 1-855-318-2082, they will add a code to your account and you won't lose the channels. You have to do it before July 31st, and I think it only applies to the HD West Coast channels.

Also if you move, you'll lose the package and if you want the West Cost channels you have to pay.

It worked for me!! My account shows this..

US Time Shifting Pack - TV $0.00
Damn I should have read this post I called in because my channels disappeared today and the rep only told me that they could add then on but it would only be till 31 July 2013 because they were offering a free view or something till that time so i got her to add the time shift plan to my digital one package Grrrr :-( The other time shift channels they offer are all SD and i'm spoiled now I cant was SD anymore I'm going to call them in the morning and bitch at them for only providing half the information

#25 ·
Just called that number and they were able to put them back on my account! I asked why they were taking them away in the first place, and she said it was because not many people used them so they were being grouped with the Canadian time-shifting channels, but those who do use them can call and get them added back for no extra charge. I guess it kind of makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.