Cogeco Programming, Packages & Pricing Discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-07, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick44 View Post
I received an email from Cogeco today informing of the following:
Dear Valued Customer,

At Cogeco, we are committed to providing you with the very best services that entertain, inform, and connect your world. As part of our efforts to continuously improve our TV packages, we are making several changes in the upcoming weeks to harmonize our TV packages across Ontario.

Therefore, we are revising the list of channels available in your TV package. Here is a summary of what will change in the upcoming weeks:

Channels permanently added to your current package
Treehouse – a great line up of kids' programming
V – a French channel that goes beyond the usual with original programming (available on channel 541 SD and 563 HD)
Channels removed from your current package
The West feeds for NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS will now be available in the Time Shifting theme pack, which can be added to any Digital Select package.
Salt+Light and EWTN – will be available through the new 'Heart and Soul' pack FREE of charge
Télé Québec will no longer be available

I really do not care about Treehouse or "V', but am super ticked off about losing the time shifting US channels. Last month they told me the price was going up 3 dollars and now tell me that for the added money I am lucky enough to lose some of the most watched and recorded channels.
Just got the same BS letter from Cogeco

Love the phrase "..to continuously improve.." especially in light of them actually reducing services.

The worst part is where would I go? From what I have seen in this forum, none of the providers are worth switching to.

Last edited by jmcKDLEX700; 2013-06-07 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 02:54 PM
Veteran

Is it right there's still no CNN-HD? Kind of annoying to have to switch to that SD channel.
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 10:56 PM

No CNN HD as of yet....

post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 01:56 PM

Anyone know if there are any negotiations going on between Cogeco and 'Turner' regarding CNN HD - and perhaps even TCM HD? I know talks broke down and we lost Peachtree - but come on - it's been a couple of years now. Get on with it, please.
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-11, 10:04 AM

I got a similar letter, tailored to my package (Basic). Most of the channels they're adding we all ready get. As for negotiations with Turner, I have no idea what is going on there.
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-25, 04:13 PM

ABC west gone?

ABC west is gone all other west channels still up...anyone no whats going on
post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-25, 05:39 PM

Unless you subscribe to the Time Shifting Package, all U.S. western feeds will be gone. Cogeco sent out a letter some months ago advising subscribers of this.
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-25, 09:36 PM

West Coast channels

I know that a lot of people complained including myself about losing the West Coast channels.

I saw a posting on a different forum that if you call 1-855-318-2082, they will add a code to your account and you won't lose the channels. You have to do it before July 31st, and I think it only applies to the HD West Coast channels.

Also if you move, you'll lose the package and if you want the West Cost channels you have to pay.

It worked for me!! My account shows this..

US Time Shifting Pack - TV $0.00
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-26, 04:59 PM

Called in today about the West coast channels. No problem! Very pleasant customer service rep.
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-26, 07:13 PM

Just called that number and they were able to put them back on my account! I asked why they were taking them away in the first place, and she said it was because not many people used them so they were being grouped with the Canadian time-shifting channels, but those who do use them can call and get them added back for no extra charge. I guess it kind of makes sense.
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-26, 09:57 PM

Not sure if this applies to HD. I too am missing abc west HD but according to the website, Digital Select should include west coast feeds. I guess I'll have to call.
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-27, 10:50 AM
Rookie

I just called and had the channels restored. Thanks for the heads up!
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-06-27, 11:50 AM

@smsat

Yes this applied to the HD channels (channels 717-720 I believe). Just call the phone number listed above and they'll re-add the missing channel(s), free of charge.
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-07-03, 02:13 PM
Rookie

Does anyone know why there's duplicates of TMNE2 and MFEST on channels 882 and 884? Also do we need 4 SD channels of The Shopping Network? If they got rid of three of those and the duplicate movie channels they'd probably be able to deliver the HD channels that are missing in my area like HGTV, MuchMusic and Family
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-07-03, 05:10 PM
Rookie

Thank you for posting got my west coast feeds back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in