Cogeco Programming and Packages Discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-03, 06:41 PM

Yes thank you for the west coast info. It took a bit of complaining before relenting and adding the nets back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-03, 10:47 PM

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks to Carlost for the info and the phone number to get back my westcoast feeds! The wife is happy again. Which means everyone is happy
post #33 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-04, 12:57 AM

Not sure whether I am missing something on the west coast feeds.

On our HD we get 717 abcw, 719 nbcw 720 foxw but don't see a cbsw and no Canadian (at least on HD)

Our package is Digital Select 1 - TV

post #34 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-04, 05:08 PM

Cogeco does not carry the western feeds of Canadian networks in HD. The SD versions are available on the Time shifting package. They had moved the western US feeds (previously on DS packages) to the same theme pack. I believe you can keep the US feeds if you call Cogeco (if you have DS1, 2, or 3).
post #35 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-04, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberry View Post
Not sure whether I am missing something on the west coast feeds.

On our HD we get 717 abcw, 719 nbcw 720 foxw but don't see a cbsw and no Canadian (at least on HD)

Our package is Digital Select 1 - TV
718 is CBSW
post #36 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-08, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlost2 View Post
718 is CBSW
Thanks with a call signal of KIROH hard to find.
post #37 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-10, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlost2 View Post
I know that a lot of people complained including myself about losing the West Coast channels.

I saw a posting on a different forum that if you call 1-855-318-2082, they will add a code to your account and you won't lose the channels. You have to do it before July 31st, and I think it only applies to the HD West Coast channels.

Also if you move, you'll lose the package and if you want the West Cost channels you have to pay.

It worked for me!! My account shows this..

US Time Shifting Pack - TV $0.00
Damn I should have read this post I called in because my channels disappeared today and the rep only told me that they could add then on but it would only be till 31 July 2013 because they were offering a free view or something till that time so i got her to add the time shift plan to my digital one package Grrrr :-( The other time shift channels they offer are all SD and i'm spoiled now I cant was SD anymore I'm going to call them in the morning and bitch at them for only providing half the information
post #38 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-10, 11:48 AM

thanks for the info I called and they told me the information I was given was in error and they added the west coast time shift channels and i switched my one digital theme pack to Family and it saved me 2.50 :-) because I had The Nat Geo Channel as an a la cart option but she did mention in the future they could charge for that American west coast feeds

Last edited by 57; 2013-07-10 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #39 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-10, 09:08 PM

Add me as another one who called and got the west coast US channels added back on for free! Although I didn't realize there has already been discussions here before I called.

I do have a question for anyone in the Oakville area, do you get Discovery Canada Channel in HD? Not the "Discovery World" that is on free preview now but the Discovery Canada HD, it is listed as part of the Digital Value Packs Channel which is part of the Digital Select package I have, see http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resid...n_this_package , yet I can't seem to find it, nor can the customer service rep on the phone, she then explained it may be because other service providers such as Bell who has rights of this HD channel in this area, so Cogeco can't show it, sounds lame to me.....
I'll keep scouring the TV channel listing in the time.
post #40 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-11, 10:14 AM

Don't know if this helps you, but Discovery Canada is channel 778 in Georgetown.

Last edited by 57; 2013-07-11 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #41 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-07-11, 10:31 PM

Thanks, 778 does not exist in my channel list from the converter box....
post #42 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-08-03, 02:27 PM

Online Ordering Of New Account

In the Cogeco website i am unable to see the option of adding a second HD Receiver (you can only check one box at a time).
Is this something I have to do over the phone ?
If I go for the HD Digital Select package with a HD PVR, would there be a charge for the second regular HD Receiver ?
Thanks

LG-42PC5D,Antennas Direct DB8,CM0068C Preamp,CM9512A Rotor,CM 9537 Remote Control ,Tii - Gas Surge Arrestor
post #43 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-08-03, 03:48 PM

There is a charge for a second receiver. However, if your order any package higher than Basic, there is no charge for the TV. (With Basic there is a charge for any extra TV.)
post #44 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-08-24, 04:19 PM

Allowed digital boxes

Does anyone know how many digital boxes Cogeco allows one residence at the same time, without additional charges?
post #45 of 83 (permalink) Old 2013-08-25, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick44 View Post
Does anyone know how many digital boxes Cogeco allows one residence at the same time, without additional charges?
eleventy-7.......I don't think it makes any difference to them, unlike the 2 sat companies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in