Remote Access to PVR? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-10-10, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Location: Ancaster, ON / Cogeco Cable & Internet, Slingbox, Samsung 3D SmartTv, Samsung 3d BluRay, Xbox, Wii
Remote Access to PVR?

Anyone heard of an app to soon be available that will allow access to the Whole Home PVR system? I was told by the tech's that installed my system that we will soon be able to program recordings via their web page. An app would make more sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-10-11, 05:42 AM
Rookie

I don't have the Whole Home PVR, just the standard PVR setup, but I recently helped my sister set up her Cogeco PVR at her new place and before it was activated I noticed in her DVR options there was something about Remote Access something. I selected it and it said it allows users to set up recordings remotely and had an option to begin setting it up. I tried to set it up but it wouldn't allow me. Said "error: no flux" or something.
After her PVR was activated and up and running it disappeared from the menu. I found this all intriguing and assumed it meant we'd be able to set up recordings through their website or a smartphone app soon.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-11-14, 12:05 PM

I recently set up a pace rgn200 box 2 weeks ago and I went thru the settings and it had the option to use a remote access and I selected it and the system produced a temp password so i wrote this password down and went to the cogeco website to see if a new feature was added but i couldnt find any section on the website for remote access

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-11-14, 07:08 PM

I was in the Cogeco store last night. The remote programming of the DVR is coming but not yet activated for use. No estimated timeframe was provided. It will allow you program recording for your DVR from the Cogeco website (myAccount). I don't think Cogeco has the sophistication to develop a phone APP; but accessing from the web is at least a convenient feature.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-12-20, 07:05 PM

Remote Access to PVR Operational

I see this option is now operational. I was able to log on to MyCogeco and schedule recordings to my DVR. Shows up in the DVR guide right away. Nice feature.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-12-21, 09:08 AM
Veteran

Yes, an excellent feature.

Even for non BDU / stand alone / independent PVR's / DVR's.

I put it on a wish list of recorder features way back in a Thread must have been a couple years ago.

If a recorder could have it's own ethernet connection and IP address.

During day, say at work, find a program is on you wish to record, log into your recorder and set it up to record it.

Even pull content from your recorder over the internet - but not sure how that one would go over - with the powers that be ...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-12-26, 06:01 PM

hey folks... just got off the phone with Cogeco, because I was getting
Error: The system could not access the Remote Recorder." - anybody else getting this error?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-12-26, 06:44 PM

Yeah, I get the same error, but haven't called them yet.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-12-26, 11:57 PM

Nice feature...wonder if they will be coming out with a iphone and android app.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 2012-12-29, 09:34 AM

How do you get the remote access to work?

On my laptop, I have made sure my browser will accept cookies, I have gone into My Devices and given my PVR a name, but when I go into Cogeco Remote Recorder, I only see two tabs: TV Listings and Search.

On the PVR, when I go into Remote Access Setup, it displays the name I have given to my PVR, and only gives me the option "Cancel Service", which indicates to me that it is active.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 2013-01-01, 03:03 PM

On TV listings select the show that you want to record, and a red record button should apper and you jusy have to click on it.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 2013-01-01, 04:02 PM

I tried looking at individual programs through the TV listing (at the time of my original post), but no red button appeared. Since then, the listing has disappeared and all I get is "Error: The system could not access the Remote Recorder." even though the PVR is turned on.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 2013-01-03, 11:51 PM

I also get the following message when I click on the "Cogeco Remote Recorder" link:

"Error: The system could not access the Remote Recorder"

No TV Listings are visible on this page.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 2014-06-01, 07:37 AM
Rookie

Remote XD for Cogeco

Does Cogeco's Remote XD app for iPad work for anyone? I've tried it on 2 different iPads and for some reason it isn't working for me. Is there any other way for me set recordings on my Pace RNG200 remotely?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 2014-06-01, 12:56 PM

I don't know about the iPad app, but you can set recordings remotely through the Cogeco website. Just go to "My Account" and under "Other My Account Features" you'll see the "Cogeco Remote Recorder" option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in