Cogeco Whole Home PVR - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-16, 12:19 AM

More WHDVR Pics of Cogeco

The back side of the NAS Hard Drive and the RNG 150N Receiver. Note that each device has a coaxial cable hooked to it, and they are connected together by an Ethernet cable

Picture of the wiring in my basement that shows a 15db AMP installed so the signal is strong to both receivers

Notice the one wire going into the RF IN - It has the MOCA Filter on it so that the MOCA signal does not feed back into the Cogeco Network and causing issues.

Last edited by Keaters; 2012-09-16 at 12:25 AM. Reason: adding commentary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-16, 03:44 PM

Keaters,

Doesn't look like the pics came through, they link to non existent images.
post #63 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-16, 03:58 PM
Digital Sage

I can see the embedded pics fine.

post #64 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-16, 06:46 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I also see the embedded photos fine. Keaters Thanks for posting. WojtekZ Check browser settings or device settings.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #65 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-16, 11:56 PM

Keaters,

Thanks for the pics, I can see them fine in Chrome, just not Safari or Firefox on my Mac.

It is really disappointing to see Cogeco failing to innovate at all with that interface. I had more features on my nearly 6 year old Bel receiver than some Cogeco receivers have today. I cant wait for the Googles and Apples of the world to start to introduce cable boxes that compete with what Cogeco offers [may be a long time coming]

I guess its time to evaluate Bell's Fibe TV services.
post #66 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-27, 10:32 PM

I am curious, for those who are using the WHDVR, does anyone lose sound when their box is off and then auto turns on for a scheduled recording? This is for any box with an HDMI hookup? I have a ticket open with Cogeco and they are still investigating the problem.
post #67 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-28, 10:08 AM

This happens on my non-WH DVR as well. Once I hit the guide button or the menu button the sound (and the viewing mode) comes back on, so it's no big deal really. Besides, if the box is supposed to be off (i.e. you aren't watching it anyway) why should it matter that the sound is muted?
post #68 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-28, 08:48 PM

this is happening when I turn the TV on while the box is recording a scheduled recording. Not while the TV is off. I have no sound on anything, and even if i hit the Guide or the List buttons to go to a show, I am still not getting sound. The only time that the sounds come back is when the scheduled recording finishes. I have the turn the box off and then back on. It is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of.
post #69 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-29, 01:22 AM
Veteran

Cogeco has always had some bizarre issue with timers.

We don't have any of the PVR type boxes here, but even the SD DCT-1800's do strange things with the audio during and post auto-turn-on events, so I'm not surprised you folks are experiencing this.

I've never played with the HD Pace non-pvr box we have, but now I'm curious... :-)

Cameron

DAB listener 12/2003-11/2011 (DAB Off-Air since 11/2011)
HD radio Listener since 06/2010
post #70 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-29, 12:43 PM

I leave my Pace DVR on all the time. It's a rental. Never a problem with the sound.
It does reboot on it's own occasionally however.
post #71 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-30, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Location: Ancaster, ON / Cogeco Cable & Internet, Slingbox, Samsung 3D SmartTv, Samsung 3d BluRay, Xbox, Wii
Sound

I have lost sound every now and again. I have noticed this a couple times already on my WH-PVR. Usually if I just change the channel the sound comes back. I leave my STB on all the time. Never shuts off. One thing that I have experienced a couple of times is that I have had a couple of scheduled recordings and they never recorded. One for example was on 701 CTVHD. I was going to bed and noticed the red light was not on. I tuned to that channel to check that the recoding was set and got the "This Channel Should Be Available Shortly" message on the screen. Contacted Cogeco and they told me this is a common issue with these STB's. If they have been left on the same channel for too long, all you have to do is change the channel and then go back to the original channel and it will come in. To me, this is unexceptable. What good is series recording if I have to be at the box when it starts recording to make sure the channel will come in ????????
post #72 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-30, 10:42 PM

I don't know if that would be a bug or not. Many MSOs that have deployed SDV will typically kick you off when you are tuned into one channel for a lengthy period of time in order to reserve bandwidth.
post #73 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-09-30, 11:31 PM

I called Cogeco tonight to see about the ticket that was sent to Tier 2 regarding my issue. They have come back to say that it is a firmware issue with the pace boxes and that a new firmware is being developed to resolve the issue and that it will be out in a month. I was also told that due to a new firmware, the guide will be updated to the A30 guide. I used to work for Comcast before, and the Rovi A30 Guide is awesome!
post #74 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-10-03, 08:24 PM
Rookie

Hey guys!

I just wanted to mention that I got the Whole Home PVR a couple weeks ago and I am absolutely dissapointed in it. It worked fine for 5 days then all of my Pace recievers started rebooting on their own. I could only watch a channel for 10 seconds.. then reboot. I could not watch tv. I called cogeco and they asked me a bunch of questions and said it was a known issue and they were going to get the engineering department to look at it. This was Sept. 24th... I tried to call a few times to find out when it would be fixed but they never knew... now today I finally deciced to try again and its working! 9 days later... so that was super frustrating but now... after reading another reply by KEATES about the sound issues... I had this same issue tonight. I was recording 2 things at once.. watching one.. I decided to switch to the other recording to start watching and all my sound went off!! I couldnt do anything about it. I had to cancel both recordings and turn the unit off... This is getting very frustrating.... When I didnt have cable for 9 days.. i didnt miss it at all! I downloaded everything i wanted to watch.. albeit a day later but so what! If cogeco doesnt smarten up and fix their gear soon I think I will be cancelling. Did anyone else experience the rebooting issue? BTW I am in Hamilton.....
post #75 of 119 (permalink) Old 2012-10-16, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Location: Ancaster, ON / Cogeco Cable & Internet, Slingbox, Samsung 3D SmartTv, Samsung 3d BluRay, Xbox, Wii
REBOOTING!

I began experiencing this rebooting thing last night around 7pm. All started while I was trying to delete shows out of my hard drive (Whole Home DVR). After dumping 7-9 one hour shows, the systems percentage still read 55%. All of a sudden I had no response from my remote by my STB. Frozen! A couple of minutes later a message popped up on the screen saying "DVR is not available or has been deactivated. Please call your cable operator". All of a sudden my STB's began rebooting every 10 mins. So I called Cogecrap and they told me this was a known issue because I was not the only one that called. They are "WORKING" on the problem. Well, it's now over 12 hours later and my STB's are still rebooting every 5-10 mins. and I have no access to my DVR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in