Cogeco Video On Demand Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigDave66

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Cogeco Video On Demand Discussion

Thinkin of switch to Coegco after being will Bell for 10 years
With Globe on demand channel, the shows can watch the next after they on?
Or wait a couple of months before you can watch them on their demand channel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-02-20, 03:58 PM
Veteran

Location: Far East End of Hamilton, ON (Lake & Barton, 11th floor facing WNW)
Our experience varied.

My wife wanted to catch up on a couple of soaps on the Cogeco on-demand of Global.

It kept crashing with error messages on the most recent on the list (usually a couple of days old) episodes. If we selected older episodes, it worked fine.

Obviously there are server / bandwidth issues when the system gets busy.

From our perspective, it's just "not there" yet.

Cameron

DAB listener 12/2003-11/2011 (DAB Off-Air since 11/2011)
HD radio Listener since 06/2010
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-02-21, 08:31 PM

Location: Ancaster, ON / Cogeco Cable & Internet, Slingbox, Samsung 3D SmartTv, Samsung 3d BluRay, Xbox, Wii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbalancer View Post
Thinkin of switch to Coegco after being will Bell for 10 years
With Globe on demand channel, the shows can watch the next after they on?
Or wait a couple of months before you can watch them on their demand channel?
Be aware that all of Cogeco's On Demand channels are standard definition. If you're used to watching shows in high def. you'll be bummed out. Cogeco ='s No High Def. On Demand.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-03-06, 10:29 PM

On demand not updating

hey all,

Anybody else notice that some on demand content is not being updated on time, or not updated at all?

Is this happening in all areas? only select few?

Any feedback is appreciated
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-04-09, 08:16 PM
Rookie

TMN On Demand no updating on time or at all

I have complained to Cogeco and TMN about this issue for about a year! There is one excuse after another blaming the other party. It is both pathetic and a show of severe incompetence. Today I thought I'd check just to see how bad the situation was (apparently after HOURS on the telephone over the summer of 2010 the problem was supposed to have been resolved). I went to www.themovienetwork.ca/ondemand and compared the list of movies there for this week compared to what was avaiable on my box. The website says I should have access to 116 but I only have 103 available on my television menu! Two of the missing movies are the two latest Twilight Movies, big blockbuster hits that I'm sure many people have been waiting to see! I am in Oakville and have been calling about this problem on an off for ONE YEAR! I would REALLY appreciate anyone offering some other suggestion for service providers that does not require a dish (lots of trees, mounting issues). I read something about Netflix w/Xbox but don't know much, is this available in Canada?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-04-11, 04:28 PM
Rookie

I have netflix and you can use it with an xbox, wii, ps3, computer or ipod. It works great but they don't have a lot of content yet but that is changing. They recently signed a deal with Paramount to get the movies before any of the movie networks do. They will also be the only ones to have the new Kevin Spacey tv show. Netflix is not a replacement for cable but it could be a replacement for TMN.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-08-22, 10:46 PM

HD Cogeco On Demand

Anybody have any information if and when HD VOD is coming to Cogeco?

Last edited by solidsnake3467; 2011-08-23 at 12:34 AM. Reason: my post was moved by mod.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 2011-10-18, 09:52 PM
Rookie

Cogeco VOD pricing?

I have never used video on demand. How do I know the prices before I get a movie & how do they bill? Does it go on the regular monthly bill or is it separate? I pay out of the bank automatically each month. I'd like to keep track of things rather than having a different amount coming out each month.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-02-18, 11:20 AM
Veteran

Anyone making use of the free On Demand stuff? Like, Global TV, AMC, etc? It's a cool idea, but I went to use it this weekend and it looks like it's all SD content. Not worth it, imo.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-03-17, 05:37 PM
Rookie

Unfortunately Cogeco's free On Demand channels are standard definition. I don't understand why Cogeco does not provide On Demand channels (like CinePop On Demand) in high def. This is just not acceptable - we are in 2014 and Cogeco shoud realize it and be more up to date.....

Ser004

Last edited by 57; 2014-03-18 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 2018-04-20, 08:44 PM
Rookie

How about the fact that we are now in 2018 and Cogeco does not offer CTV on demand, nor is Cogeco an option on the CTV GO app. I assumed when I moved that since the rinky-dink cable company of which I had been a customer could offer these, Cogeco would be able to offer these and much more.
Come on, Cogeco, get with it!
jeffaustin90 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in