Pace RNG200N HD PVR Owners discussion thread - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-19, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally434 View Post
Sorry. I was asking about the Pace RNG200N HD PVR. The Cogeco outlet at Oakville Place was less than helpful in letting me know when I could get hold of one.
Limeridge mall. When I got mine on Wed they had just brought in a full skid of them.

I suspect mine was already opened or something because my remote had the batteries in it and the plastic on the front was a little askew.

So far not a problem although as a test I recorded a hockey game and it was in 4 pieces 2 of which were listed as 1 min but nothing there. Going to do another one to see what happens. Still using the old unit until we watch recorded stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-19, 08:11 PM

Just noticed the following problem with my unit.

Say I am in channel 730 and I enter the channel number ie: 701 it doesn't change. I notice it displace 70 then reverts back to the time as if that isn't a valid channel.
Then if I go into the guide and scroll to say 731 and "select" it goes to 701

It isn't the remote that is a problem as it does the same with either of the remotes we have.
post #48 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-20, 12:17 AM

Definitely haven't had that issue here.

@wally434: When I went, the rep said they had plenty of RNGs, but that was a few weeks ago. Try Burlington Mall, they've had some in stock too.

post #49 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-20, 02:44 PM
Digital Sage

Just came back from Limeridge. Got last one on the shelf.
post #50 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-20, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberry View Post
Just noticed the following problem with my unit.

Say I am in channel 730 and I enter the channel number ie: 701 it doesn't change. I notice it displace 70 then reverts back to the time as if that isn't a valid channel.
Then if I go into the guide and scroll to say 731 and "select" it goes to 701

It isn't the remote that is a problem as it does the same with either of the remotes we have.
I noticed in the guide set up menu when looking for a solution that autotune was set to "no" changed it and it now seems to be working.
post #51 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-21, 02:41 PM

Does the RNG200N have a commercial (30 second) skip function?
Thanks.
post #52 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-21, 02:55 PM
Digital Sage

Yes, it's the standard Atlas remote.

There's a forward arrow type of button.
post #53 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-23, 12:52 PM

RNG200n

Picked up the last RNG200n they had at Oakville Place yesterday.
I had it all set up and running, no problem, then I went into the settings menu.
Power off and hit settings. No need to change anything. Hit power to exit and then I couldn't get the thing to turn back on. I could get back into settings, but nothing I tried would get the power back on. I ended up unplugging it, which allowed me to turn the power on. Lost my settings.
What's the deal with that?
Thanks.
post #54 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-24, 11:04 AM

buy / rent

Are you guys buying or renting these units? I rent a Motorola 6416, and stopped by the Windsor Cogeco store in Devonshire mall... and the rep told me they aren't swapping the units for people with the old Moto's... She said they like to try to hold the new units for buyers rather than renters.

NOw, from my standpoint as a subscriber, I want the latest and greatest available. Thats the whole point of me renting, so I don't have to deal with defective units, and so I can have the latest and greatest! This just infuriated me. Anyone have any ideas? Do I start calling to complain about my unit in hopes they will replace it with a new model...

Also, for anyone renting this new RNG200N, is it the same rental price as the older Motos? $17.99 / month I believe...

Anyone know what they are selling them for?

Antennacraft HBU33, Antennacraft 10G201 preamp, Samsung PN50A650 Plasma, Samsung LN40B540 LCD.
post #55 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-24, 11:24 AM

The rental cost is the same as the motos.

You are renting the unit, you are paying for it every month, as you said, you have every right to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Don't take their $#*!. They tried the same BS when they released the Pace 777D. Don't leave the store without the RNG200N.
post #56 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-25, 08:05 AM

Problem Free?

So, it's been a few weeks since this post was started and there really haven't been any complaints about this new STB. Does this mean there are no bugs or just not nearly as many serious issues as with the 777D?

I'd like get this new sleek looking unit even though my 6416 still works fine; any reason not to?

Cheers.
post #57 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-25, 10:11 AM
Digital Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalRocks View Post
Also, for anyone renting this new RNG200N, is it the same rental price as the older Motos? $17.99 / month I believe...

Anyone know what they are selling them for?
Rental is $18 and purchase is $500

I've had this unit since the weekend, so far so good.
post #58 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-26, 10:55 AM

RNG200N Problems

I have had the rng200n since Monday and have run into a few problems with recordings. Last night I recorded a 1 hour show. It shows that it has recorded properly, but when I get to 22 minutes it stops and says it's over at 22 minutes.
I have also program recorded two shows that have no video, just a black screen with sound.
Strange.
post #59 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-26, 11:01 AM
Digital Sage

Those sort of problems also existed on my MOTO box.

Doesn't happen that often.
post #60 of 650 (permalink) Old 2010-11-26, 11:15 AM

I did not do a search today but a few weeks ago someone posted that the new RNG200N's were also giving the "hard drive full" message when they were turned off overnight then back on. I still have the 777D left on all the time without any "blue screen of death" but the hard drive still is a noisy POS churning away in our bedroom. I would prefer to turn it off at night. Anyone turn the 200N off at night without full hard drive notice next cold boot?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in