Well, my DCT6416 passed away last night after only 6 months of precious service and I was very happy with it. The cogeco technician replaced it for a RNG200N, I live in Shawinigan, QC and he told me that the 6416 was discontinued.
It's been connected for almost 5 hours, I've tested the PVR functions and everything is fine. It took about 20-30 mins to get the firmware and less than 5 mins to activate it with the customer service. Now everything is back to normal.
What I like :
- Very small compared to the 6416. It's black, it looks good and it's very silent.
- The image quality is very good, it must be only an illusion because it's a new unit for me, but I find the HD channels and SD channels as well to look better.
- The sound is also very good. No problems at all with the 5.1 DD channels.
- 500G wow! I had 160G before and I was happy. What more can I ask?
- The EPG is full screen even on the HD channels and the clarity is perfect.
What I don't like :
Well, I'm gonna have to wait a couple of days to test everything, but so far I am very happy with the exchange and the receiver!