LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-09-16, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Anyone use Eastlink Wireless?

Particularly in NL, any reviews?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-09-16, 04:36 PM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
I have it, and am very happy with it, and feel it is more reasonably priced that the other Telcos. However, I live in Nova Scotia, and have no idea how well it works in NL.

If their signal is low, though, it automatically roams with one of their partners, and there is no extra cost for roaming as long as you remain within Canada.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-09-16, 08:33 PM

Here in Memramcook NB, signal is pretty good but I seem to roam once in awhile. Good deal on phones and you do not need get a $100 plan as with the other guys.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-09-17, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Is the coverage as good as the others with fewer LTE bands? Seems like Eastlink just operates on 700 MHz and 2100 MHz
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-09-20, 08:27 AM
Veteran

I've used it in NB for a year. Coverage is pretty good. Eastlink's own service only uses those spectrums, but they seem to perform well. I drove all the way to Ontario and back with my Eastlink phone and stuff like streaming music never dropped.

Outside of their area, you just roam on one of the national carrier networks and it works fine. The only issues I've had are if you're right at the edge it may try to use the Eastlink tower when it shouldn't, and that you can't turn roaming off in areas that don't have coverage so you need to be careful near the US Border. In Saint Andrews, NB, for example, on the beach you can accidentally hit a US tower instead.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-09-21, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Interesting, thanks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

I have 3 phones in NL using it since Dec of 2018, can't say that I have had a problem with the service in NL. I travel a bit and notice some differences while in the US, Europe or the Caribbean vs my previous Telus.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 08:16 AM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
I will add that when I took a trip to the USA a couple of years back, the roaming was through AT and T, and the service was good, no issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in