Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

New Arris DG3270 1Gbps Modems

12K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  asd 
#1 ·
New gigabit modems in the field reading for gigabit service , got one few days ago.

The wi-fi is really good, better than my router it has a better AC chip
It is quite large reminds me of the meastro box but without the cable components.

The modem even has it's own external IpV4 for Arris firmware upgrades / tool managment purposes much like the meastro .

It has a usb port on the front , not sure if it is dsabled but im pretty sure it is , the moca is
disabled. the admin login http://192.168.100.1:8080/ doesnt have permissions to enable .. the root password of the day may be able to ... this would mean you could run intranet up 700mbps via existing coax and then use a moca to ethernet converter per computer ..

If eastlink enables this option that would be awesome.

These are the claims made by Arris:
1750Mbps Wi-Fi AC max
1280Mbps DOCSIS Downstream
MoCA 2.0 700Mbps
USb 2.0 480mbps
240Mbps DOCSIS Upstream
FEATURES:
• 32x8 Channel Bonding
• >1Gbps Downstream Throughput
• Full Capture Bandwidth Tuner with Spectrum Analyzer
• DOCSIS® 3.0 compliant design
• Multi Processor Technology with a 1.2GHz Intel Atom Core
Application Processor
• Internal 32 bit Data architecture for maximum speeds
• 4 port Gigabit Ethernet Wireless Router
• 3x3 Integrated Dual Band Concurrent 2.4GHz 802.11n and 5GHz
802.11ac High Power Radios
• MoCA 2.0 for in Home Video and Data distribution over Coax
• USB 2.0 Host Port
• Internal Power Supply for Highest Reliability
Operators are wanting to push the limits on DOCSIS® 3.0 support speeds beyond 1Gbps in todays competitive world. The ARRIS DG3270 delivers on this performance combined with MoCA2.0 and its superior high power wide coverage 802.11ac Dual Band Concurrent wireless radios . This feature-packed unit is intended to serve as the hub of the subscribers network, connecting all IP capable devices (Internet, Data, Voice and Video) throughout the customers premises. Residential gateway support has always been a concern of the operator. The DG3270 distinguishes itself with capabilities to minimize these support needs. Multiple provisioning methods (SNMP, Configuration File, Remote WebGUI access, TFTP, and TR-069/181) allow custom designed setups to be applied to monitor the end user more efficiently. Multiple remote access levels (User and Technician) also allow more ease and flexibility for manual configuration and control.
https://www.arris.com/globalassets/resources/data-sheets/dg3270a_ds.pdf

See less See more
#2 ·
This sounds quite impressive, especially considering that the WiFi on the Maestro system isn't that great, range wise.

I wonder if Eastlink will include features like this, or at least better WiFi, than they are now, in future iterations of the Maestro?

For now, I assume that this new modem is designed specifically for Eastlink Gigabit customers.

#4 ·
Dotails, I think you need to order gigabit internet speed from Eastlink, like I did. They insist on installing the modem; you can't buy it from them. They used to allow subscribers to use cable boxes and modems, purchased from other regions and providers, but I don't know the policy with newer internet services, like gigabit speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.