Eastlink Programming and Packages Discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-10-05, 04:51 PM

I'm just guessing but it may have been migrated to digital only. Do you have any digital boxes and if so does it show there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-10-05, 06:20 PM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
TV5 is still on channel 20 in Halifax, as part of the Value Pak. It is a discretionary channel here, but anyone who has full cable would get it.
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-02-04, 10:45 AM

Bundle pricing

Hi Folks,

My deal with BA will soon be up and I expect they will not extend my discounts.
i therefore might be calling Eastlink.

Can I get some feedback on bundle pricing . Are others doing better then the website pricing. Are they offering $99 FOR 2 or 3 years like BA is in NB and NF. Is anyone seeing pricing like that in NS?

post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-02-04, 11:43 AM

No, they don't do contracts and they don't do 2 and 3 year bundles.
post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-09, 06:54 PM
Rookie

Billing

I'm thinking of switching to Eastlink.

Can anyone tell me if eastlink requires that you pay for each month in advance?
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-09, 06:58 PM

Eastlink does require payment of each month in advance, but as far as I know, that is the situation with all cable and satellite companies in Canada. Eastlink does not require a contract, though.
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-27, 06:25 PM

I noticed on Eastlink's website that the Home Essentials package is gone. The cheapest option in the bundles is now Home Essentials HD. So therefore they are forcing new customers to pay the $12.95 for HD channels. I wonder if they will tell us we need to upgrade or if we are grandfathered in with this package. With their quirky Maestro DVR and not so great service I am thinking of switching to Bell FibreOP which just rolled out in our town.

Haier L40F1180, Bell Aliant FibreOP PVR w/ 2 Wireless receivers, PS3, Wii, Galaxy S4
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-28, 07:24 AM

I was just looking at that and I see that under the tv section it says 65 HD channels included, access to over 170 in total. I subscribe to the Home Essentials HD pkg so I can't check but I don't think there were ever 65 HD channels included. I'm pretty sure I'm paying extra for most of those.
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-28, 07:05 PM

Even when I switch my locale to anywhere in N.S. I don't see any of this.

EastLink has been WAY too quiet on many things lately. I'm worried it means they are looking to grab the money and run (AKA sell).

They say on their site in the HD area of the TV section that they add more HD every month....yeah....we'd had nothing new since December and still no sign of anything else coming.

They need to up the internet speeds especially the upload speeds. Bell is wiping them away with that.
post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-28, 10:14 PM

I don't think we've gotten anything new in The South Shore since last April? We're still waiting for The Weather Network in HD, Halifax has had it for a while now.
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-29, 04:31 AM

Ah, yes, denben73, Eastlink has been very quiet lately, and are simply not as aggressive about adding new channels lately as they used to be.. Normally, they would be one of the first to offer the new FXX channel, but so far, nothing. Also, as you say, BA is wiping the floor with them as far as internet speeds go. BA's introductory level internet speed offered with their bundles is 4 times as fast as Eastlink!s, and I know that BA is playing catch up as far as HD content goes.

Eadtlink still continues to increase prices every year, though.
post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-29, 07:54 AM

To be fair though, FXX may show up on Tuesday for us. However you know Eastlink, mum is the word on ANYTHING new always.

They say this is for competitive reasons. Really though? Everyone else announces new stuff even if it is only a few days before. Wouldn't that maybe help a few customers towards if they knew a certain service was coming just as they sub or very shortly thereafter?

Anyways, back on topic...

I can see this shift happening with adding some HD as part of a basic service. The HD charge should drop then and only be applicable to higher tiered services and the digi-nets. HD is the way it is going. When was the last SD channel they added?

Also there are some services (at least for us) that are only available in HD and you get automatically for subbing to it. For us that would be CTV2 West (607), OMNI2 (612), CBC Montreal (616) and (ick) Sun News (663).

Last edited by denben73; 2014-03-29 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added missing spaces.
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-03-29, 09:12 AM

Eastlink is currently concerned only with their new baby, Cell Service and could care less about the rest. Rural NS, PEI and NL used to be their bread and butter but have since left them high and dry: no high speed internet, phone service or any HDTV!! They have now become just like their competition with no care for rural areas at all.
post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-05-13, 05:58 AM

No more BET

Why has BET been removed from the line-up on Eastlink.

Plus a friend of mine does not get Spike channel 14 or Speed channel 45 anymore either.
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 2014-05-13, 06:25 AM

I totally missed this one. I seem to recall another member mentioning that it had been removed from the extended tier, and moved to digital only, and is only now only available as part of the music pack.

That's interesting about Spike as well, and perhaps they are moving some analog channels to digital only to free up channel capacity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in