Eastlink Programming and Packages Discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-08-14, 07:55 PM

Bell also has a la carte in Quebec but not all channels are available a la carte.

Some channels are grouped up in a way that you have to get the most expensive package. Videotron, on the other hand offer a basic package and then all the specialty channels are available a la carte. I think ot is the only company that does this.

I was on a theme packs with Bell and went a la carte. Had to part ways with certain channels but got the content online. But all in all I am saving money. About $20.

If you can live without certain channels a la carte can be good for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-08-14, 09:46 PM
Veteran

Most of those channels are available a la carte on most BDU's. This a la carte option that Eastlink is marketing isn't anything new. There is only a handful of channels they offer a la carte that typically isn't an option on other BDUs; Food Network, Slice, GSN, WSBK, KTLA, WGN, WPIX
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-08-16, 02:39 PM

A la carte is only useful if it is combined with a skinny basic and all extra channels are available a la carte. That is what it would take for me to re subscribe.

Mark

post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-08-16, 06:39 PM

You won't be resubbing for years then. This is a move in the right direction, IMO. More channels will be moving there in time.

Slight OT, but I'm tempted to ask if City West HD will finally appear in this part of the country now that it is on the light of pickable channels.

Cogeco - Mix 40, Timeshifting, TiVo T6 DVR & 2 Minis, UltraFibre 360; Rogers - LG G7ThinQ; Koodo - Wireless Home Phone
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-08-29, 08:37 PM

Anyone ever hear of "an in building offer" from Eastlink ? It is TV,internet & phone for $99 for 2 years. I had the student package all set up for my son's apartment and the installer convinced him this was a better deal. As far as I know it includes a DVR & HD. The installer said it would save him $1800 over the 2 years and it was available only in buildings without FibreOP.Thanks.
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-01, 12:25 AM
Rookie

MTV

Anyone have any thoughts and/or rationale as to why MTV isn't available for certain customers (i.e. Me)? Yet for some reason, I see MTVHD on my guide now.
post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-01, 01:01 AM

How do you mean "isn't available"? What happens when you go to that channel? Knowing where you are located would be beneficial too.

Cogeco - Mix 40, Timeshifting, TiVo T6 DVR & 2 Minis, UltraFibre 360; Rogers - LG G7ThinQ; Koodo - Wireless Home Phone
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-01, 10:34 PM

Location: Grande Prairie, AB 1x3400M, 1xDCX700, 1xSB5680 NW, Wii, PS3
Hi sherwooddavid - An in building offer is an offer available to specific buildings to try and get as many subscribers as possible. The student package would probably be better if he uses a lot of internet because the student packages get internet without caps.

The technician probably tried to get him to switch because as a former tech we got commission if we up sold stuff.
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-03, 12:12 AM

Hey guys Iam thinking about signing up for eastlinks supersports pack mainly for nfl Sunday ticket. However it looks like a lack of hd channels dedicated to the sports pack. If anyone has subscribed to this pack in the past is every nfl game In hd?. Or are very few? Thanks
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-07, 04:33 PM
Rookie

Sorry for the lacking details, I mean I was told by a CSR that MTV isn't available in my area (Cold Lake, AB), it isn't listed on their website's channel guide, but I have a listing for 757 - MTVHD. Selecting that channel gives me the usual Not Authorised message.
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-12, 11:22 AM

I would assume that TSN, E! and Discovery are now "basic" level channels since they have been moved to new channel positions on many systems. I wonder if Bell twisted their arm to get them move those to basic since all 3 are owned by Bell.

In Timmins, E! moved from 31 to 59, TSN went from 33 to 60 and Discovery jumped from 39 to 61.

I noticed in the Maestro guide both old and new channel numbers are listed and both bring up the channel. I would assume this is just a transition period.

This happened on Tuesday (Sept. 10) with no warning or announcement. I just happened to see it on Twitter first than on Facebook later in the day.
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-12, 04:24 PM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
It appears that a similar thing has happened in Halifax, with the channel numbers being 62, 63, and 64. The Maestro guide isn't giving any info, though, with all three channels saying "to be announced".

I don't know if they are on basic, or simply have been moved to be part of the "Super Pack". You could be onto something, though, denben73.

Edited, I just checked Eastlink's website for Halifax, and they are indeed on basic cable. Although this doesn't affect me, since I have full tier anyway, there may be some people who won't be happy about probably having to pay more for basic cable.
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-12, 07:06 PM

TSN in supersports now?

Tell me I'm reading this wrong, my system has had TSN on channel 3 since they launched in 1984 long before it went basic in other areas like St. Johns, Toronto, ect.

I have supersports so I'll get it no matter what they do but people will be pissed if they need to pay extra for a channel thats been basic here for almost 30 years.
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-09-12, 09:00 PM

All 3 channels are now basic channels according to info I received. I don't think the price of basic is going up unless the pack(s) that they were in goes down.

I never would have never known since I tend to stay in the 601 to 795 range. Basic is getting bigger now. That is the opposite of what should be happening. I'm sure that the percentage of basic only customers is pretty low overall so it probably is not a major change to the $ involved.
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 2013-10-05, 04:04 PM

No French TV5 in Analog Cable in New Glasgow Anymore

Today. I Found out that TV5 'Franch Lang. International Cable Station' is no longer on Analog Basic Cable 'Channel 63' In New Glasgow. Any Reason why and is it happening in other communities in Nova Scotia from Eastlink Cable, 'Halifax, etc'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in