Motorola DCX3400 Coming/ Has arrived to Eastlink - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-10-27, 01:40 PM
Rookie

Is the DCX3400 available in Sudbury?

Does anyone know if the 3400 is available in the Sudbury area? Does anyone have an idea when it might be available? Thanks

Kal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-10-28, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ck
BestBuy has the 500GB Shaw version of the DCX3400 available for purchase.

Can anyone comment if this Shaw model is the same spec, aside from the larger hard drive as the DCX3400-M being handed out by Eastlink? Thinking of picking up this unit from bestbuy and provisioning it for Eastlink service. So tiered of paying $15/mth rental.
Can anyone confirm that the Shaw boxes do indeed work with Eastlink? I know not all cable company boxes are compatible with other systems, even if the model is the same. The 3400 is a decent price compared to the Eastlink DCT-6416.

Also curious why the HD 6200 Shaw box is $200 cheaper than the Eastlink version. Guess it's the usual "Nova Scotia gouge" in effect. :-)
post #108 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-10-31, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiro View Post
Does anyone know if the 3400 is available in the Sudbury area? Does anyone have an idea when it might be available? Thanks

Kal
Yes the DCX3400 is available in the Sudbury market and you might be able to pick one up at the mall kiosk

Views/opinions are solely my own and do not represent or are in no way endorsed by any other party.

post #109 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-02, 07:58 PM
Rookie

Clock

Just got the 3400 today..but I can't seem to set a "clock" on it..LCD on front shows channel..any suggestions? I've searched everywhere.
post #110 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-02, 08:59 PM

hit menu, menu then go down to setup and cable box. First setting in the list is the front panel display setting...clock or channel. Enjoy!

Views/opinions are solely my own and do not represent or are in no way endorsed by any other party.
post #111 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-03, 01:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcountry View Post
Yes the DCX3400 is available in the Sudbury market and you might be able to pick one up at the mall kiosk
Do you know if Eastlink sells the 3400? Is there a retail source in Sudbury for the 3400? Thanks.
post #112 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-03, 09:17 PM

No I don't think they sell the DCX3400. Bianco's Electronics used to sell boxes when they were Persona...you could try asking there.

post #113 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-05, 06:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcountry View Post
hit menu, menu then go down to setup and cable box. First setting in the list is the front panel display setting...clock or channel. Enjoy!
Thank you so much!!

That being said we've had the DCX3400 for 4 days and have not been impressed at all. It keeps freezing..2 of our shows we recorded were both froze half way through..we all keep getting the "Cablecard Pairing Error"...hopefully Eastlink will work the bugs out sooner rather than later!
post #114 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-06, 11:36 AM

Location: Halifax (Motorola HD DVR DCX3400-M/DCX700M 50" Plasma)
@Kim_K, Sounds like a bad unit,I've had the 3400 for months now and have had no such problems with it here in Halifax. The unit has worked flawlessly for me and I've been very impressed with it.

Once you go Plasma you will never go back.
post #115 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-10, 05:15 PM

Has anyone in Delta bought the DCX3400 yet from FS or BB? I spoke with a CSR last night and she said that they don't them. I would have to go to FS or BB.
post #116 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-11, 11:06 AM

i got mine from Delta Cable..... works fine, minus support for external HDD
post #117 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-11, 11:45 AM

Have you tried connecting an external drive lately? I have a DCX3400 from Eastlink and it is working with an external drive. You may have to call and get them to refresh your box. That's all I had to do and it has been working great ever since.

post #118 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-11, 08:15 PM

if you read some of my other posts, you will notice out west we have a connectivity problem with having different companies blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda! haven't bothered yet... but we will do. it's currently in another room, we are emptying our Pace content before we switch rooms.
post #119 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-13, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFF View Post
I'm pretty sure we used these ones.

Add 30-Second Skip
Code:
Add 30-Second Skip

The following technique can be used to map an unused or unneeded button on the "silver" remote to the 30-second skip command. Current versions of the i-Guide software will skip forward 30 seconds into a recording when this command is sent. A good choice is the 'A / Lock' button since many users don't need that function; you can feel both the '15-second-back' and '30-second-skip' buttons with one finger and move between them without looking. Another option is to reprogram the '15-second back' button, since PgDn already provides that functionality. Some users have found, however, that double-clicking the play button results in a 30-second skip forward.
  1. Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
  2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
  3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
  4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
  5. Type in the code 00173.
  6. Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The "Cable" button will blink twice if successful.
Anyone have any luck with this? I can't get it to work on mine.

Anyone have the 30 second skip working? Would very much appreciate some info. Thanks!
post #120 of 218 (permalink) Old 2010-11-15, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njligernj View Post
Anyone have any luck with this? I can't get it to work on mine.

Anyone have the 30 second skip working? Would very much appreciate some info. Thanks!
I added this just after I got my new box. Worked first time and has worked well since. I mapped it to the "D" key and I am very pleased with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in