Motorola DCX3400 Coming/ Has arrived to Eastlink - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #211 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-22, 05:02 PM

The old style Whole Home DVR system you had...is dead, as far as for "new" customers anyways. If you still had that setup and kept it, you could keep using it.

When we were with EL, we had it and upgraded to the Maestro system a year later after is was introduced. It was a much better solution, as in reliability and functionality. It wasn't that much more $ really. Mind you we were renting two DCX3400s and two DCX700s at the time.

Cogeco had a similair item here, using Pace boxes but it is no longer available (for new setups) and they keep pushing TiVo....like non-stop!'

Loracweb brings up a good point. It may just work after all. I'd recommend installing everything yourself if possible. If they come over, I'm sure all those filters will be removed.

Last edited by denben73; 2015-03-22 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Clarifications added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-22, 05:22 PM

I doubt they have different firmware, it is most likely enabled through the filters.

Cogeco's previous solution was hokey at best. Maestro is much better than DCX MOCA, but it can also be much more expensive.
post #213 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-22, 05:47 PM

I know the Maestro is better but they were going to charge me 40$ more a month promo was different and i'm getting 2 of the 3400's for free for a year and then get one included with the bundle. I just got finished removing the filters from the existing lines once it gets installed will re-add them. well see how it works if it doesn't no big loss.

post #214 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-22, 08:44 PM

How many boxes will you have in total? Also, how many of each? $40 seems steep. Ours was just under $35 for 4 TVs before taxes. You don't need the "Premium" Maestro if that is what they are pushing...if they still have that.

On in unrelated note, I can't believe Cogeco still gives out DCT6400s.
post #215 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-23, 08:35 AM

called them this morning and they said 25$ more a month, hard to justify to a wife who wants to save money lol
post #216 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-23, 08:37 AM

I realize now that your price is more because you would have gotten the regular DVRs free per month for a term as compared to my monthly charges for four boxes.

I can't believe they wouldn't have some kind of promo for the Maestro system. You'd think they would be pushing folks towards it. Is it a sign of things to come?
post #217 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-23, 08:39 AM

yeah really especially when she gave us 2 free pvr's,
post #218 of 218 (permalink) Old 2015-03-23, 10:58 AM

Glancing over the EL site, when I still have my city set to Timmins, Whole Home DVR is no longer listed. If I set it greenshadow's location, it's still available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in