DCX 3510-M on Rogers - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-11-30, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Question DCX 3510-M on Rogers

Hey guys, I have two TVs in the house. One HD TV is on a DCX3400-M and the other that I just got rid of was an old Sony 35" Trinitron (RIP ) that was on a SD box (DCT700). When Rogers took over from Shaw in my area few years ago I had to stop using the DCX3510-M because the menu wasn't compatible or something like that and was given the DCX3400-M. I just bought a new 4K TV and using the DCT700 with it. As you can imagine the picture is small and awful. I tried hooking up the DCX3510-M but get a message that it can't stream the signal. So is there any way to make this box work with Rogers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-12-01, 12:28 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I assume that you're in a Motorola area of Rogers. As you probably know, most of Ontario is SA/Cisco/Technicolour/IgniteTV, but I realize that some areas do run Motorola that were part of small areas taken over by Rogers from other providers like Mountain/Shaw Cable.

Here's a post on the use of (purchased) STBs on Rogers.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-...l-ontario.html

Rogers is a company that doesn't activate boxes that are not supplied by them and that's probably why your box was swapped out originally. All you can do is call them to see if they'll activate it. If the box is not in their "database", then you're unlikely to get this box activated and there's really nothing that you can do. You'll probably need to purchase or rent a Rogers-compatible box. If you want to purchase used, see the link I provided above.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-12-01, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for the info. I'll contact them and see what happens. All my boxes were purchased and not rented. I still have the receipt for the DCX3510-M that was purchased at Future Shop. Can I purchase the 4K Nextbox or are they rent only now?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-12-01, 05:18 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Rogers only rents now. You can purchase used, but be careful per my link. I'm not sure if there is a 4K Motorola box from Rogers - I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they don't have it in Atlantic Canada where they use Motorola.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-12-01, 06:19 PM

The DCX3510-M you purchased at Future Shop would have been a Shaw-branded STB, so that was part of the inventory of Shaw-authorized boxes in place at the time of the Rogers takeover. Shaw used to sell their boxes through certain authorized retailers including Future Shop, Best Buy, London Drugs and Visions.

Shaw was running different software on the DCX3510-M (HD Guide) than they did on the DCX3400-M, so Rogers may have decided it just wasn't worth the hassle since there probably weren't that many boxes installed and they didn't want to support the head-end requirements and the software running on the STB.

In the end it's up to Rogers if they support the DCX3510-M. It doesn't hurt to ask again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in