Rogers Ignite TV (IPTV) Discussions. - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-17, 08:13 PM
Veteran

^^^^
Hopefully it doesn't have the same issue as the PVRs with sequential recordings on the same channel. I have my PVR configured to add 5 minutes to the end of each recording, in case a show runs long. If I had 2 sequential recordings, the extra 5 minutes was dropped, occasionally leaving the tail end of one show at the beginning of the next, with a few seconds missing. When possible, I used alternate channel numbers to get around that.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-18, 10:01 PM

Had my first issue today. This afternoon I lost all live tv on my receivers (everything else worked including pvr, ipg, and apps). Called in and went through troubleshooting with a tech. We did all kinds of reboots of boxes, modems, and routers to no avail. I told him that I bridged the modem and was using my own router for routing. He said that while Comcast says this is possible it is not recommended by them as it can be flakey. I put the modem back into gateway mode, disabled the wireless, and set my router into AP mode and it started working again. So it seems at this point I will need to use the rogers modem in gateway mode.

This won’t be an issue for most people but thought I’d share.
post #78 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 08:20 AM

I wonder how one sets it up if one already has a mesh WiFi system running? I will just wait until a Rogers forces the whole thing on me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post #79 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 08:50 AM
Veteran

@kibosh

I am not sure that it is the issue.
Last night, and through to this morning, we had no channels.

And I am on the gateway & mesh units.

Internet and wifi working just fine.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
post #80 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 08:52 AM

Maybe a future firmware update will fix it. I had one issue myself but not with TV. My internet got really slow one night for a few hours, but it didn't affect the tv service, but its been fine ever since.
post #81 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdkitty View Post
@kibosh

I am not sure that it is the issue.
Last night, and through to this morning, we had no channels.

And I am on the gateway & mesh units.

Internet and wifi working just fine.
It was pretty suspicious that the tv began working immediately upon setting the modem back to gateway. The tech made some reference to them expecting the receivers to having a 10.0.0 ip address rather than a 192.168.1 address . . . who knows. I can say they worked fine from Friday until Monday. I was wondering if it had anything to do with a lease expiring or something.
post #82 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 12:18 PM

Before getting out of Bridge, you should of tried to reboot and see what happened first.
post #83 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 01:28 PM
Veteran

With mine, rebooted the box twice. Know it was on a 10.X IP as I could see them connected.

Didnt reboot the repeaters.. but shouldnt have needed too, as I saw them connected, saw the boxes connected as well as my other devices.

We'll see how it is when I get home.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
post #84 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 01:40 PM

We actually rebooted modem, router, and receivers. All resulted in no live tv. I will probably try switching it back for fun.

Last edited by kibosh; 2018-06-19 at 02:28 PM.
post #85 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 03:20 PM

I have 2 boxes. I did speedtests with boxes on different channels, and it didn't affect internet speeds at all. They tend to over provision your actual paid for speed.
post #86 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 06:04 PM
Veteran

Quote:
The tech made some reference to them expecting the receivers to having a 10.0.0 ip address rather than a 192.168.1 address . . .
Why on earth would they be using NAT addresses, when they have IPv6 available?

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #87 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 06:11 PM

Ya he contradicted himself after he told me the receivers use IPv6
post #88 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDilbert View Post
The sports view looks nicely done. I'd like to see something similar with TV series. Search for or pick a series and see what seasons and episodes are available with links to how they can be viewed. I envision something similar to TV.com in content but tailored to Ignite TV instead of US services.
The X1 system should already do this. I saw a Shaw BlueSky system and it's very slick. You say the name of a show and the search engine pulls up all the episodes: upcoming in the guide, recorded on your PVR, available on Shaw's VOD server, available on YouTube, Netflix or CraveTV. Once you've set up the external services, you can just click through and play the external video on your Shaw set-top box.

I played with the voice recognition for a few minutes and its amazingly accurate.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2018-06-19 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typo
post #89 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-19, 10:01 PM

Yup! I gotta say it is really slick. I love saying “fast forward 2 minutes” during the commercials. You can also say “what song is this?” during a show and it basically Shazamms it for you. One other nice feature on the pvr is it marks shows as watched. This is great in my house with my Dad living in the basement.

As far as my router issues . . . I tried to bridge the modem again and use my own router and again live tv stopped working. I had to switch it back to gateway and use the wireless on my router only. Odd.
post #90 of 464 (permalink) Old 2018-06-20, 06:56 AM
Veteran

Question

@Humbar

Quote:
You can also record up to 8 shows at once. I don't know of any other provider that does 8, as most others allow only 6, even Comcast.
The Hopper3(Dish)lets you record up to 16 shows at once and supports up to 7 TVS(using Joeys)

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in