Rogers Navigatr Firmware/Guide - Please read post 1 And Links There. - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 397Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 05:29 PM
Veteran

My NB3 was upgraded(?) overnight. Is there any way to list the recorded shows by date & time? I don't want to see a pile of a recordings under a show's name. I want to be able to scan through the list in the order it was recorded. Also, while much improved, they still haven't got zoom working right. The choices are 25 % and 50%, but even 25% zooms too much so that the letterbox shows get parts chopped off. What's so difficult about this? It's a simple 3:4 ratio. Take the 360 lines in a letterbox and convert them to 480 (or whatever the box is set to output) then display as a full height & width image.

Funny thing, both my 4250s also rebooted overnight. I wonder if that was related to this.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 07:00 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I wanted to find more information regarding Navigatr, so I searched the Rogers website for that term. I found several links, but clicking on the links took me to RTN information. One of the links took me to Navigatr info (Parental Control). Way to go Rogers - you have such a wonderful Website!

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/s...&term=navigatr

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #63 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 07:15 PM
Rookie

I just had my two PVRs converted to Navigatr - and on both - I lost all my recordings, and upcoming series recordings, and favourites, etc - like it is a new machine. I am still on hold for Technical Support (1/2hr and waiting). Have others had this? Have they been able to recover the lost data, etc. This is not an acceptable situation.

post #64 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 07:22 PM
Veteran

I've just discovered another incredibly stupid "feature". When you pause or scan, when the bar appears, instead of showing elapsed time, it now shows the time remaining. Of course if you're watching a show that being recorded, then that becomes time to a moving target. I wonder what genius dreamed up this one?

post #65 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 07:36 PM
Veteran

Ontario...
Have you not been reading this thread? Everyone with the Nextbox 2.0 8642 has had their drives wiped clean with the new software.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #66 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 07:41 PM
Rookie

Yes I have - but somehow I think that the material is there - it just needs a software fix to recover it. (Ajax, 8642 NB2). How could they not have tested this?
post #67 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 07:51 PM

If your only issue is wiped recordings you should consider that a blessing. Calling Rogers isn't going to get the recordings restored. I wouldn't waste my time.
post #68 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:09 PM

Angry History repeats itself with latest update

JamesK,

With Rogers there are so many geniuses it's hard to tell which one that might have been.

Maybe it was the genius who decided there was no need to test pushing the upgrade out to an 8642 to see if it would wipe all the scheduled and recorded programs and settings.

Or the genius who had the cajones to post on the Navigatr FAQ page at
https://www.rogers.com/web/support/t...setLanguage=en
"Will these upcoming changes affect my current TV settings or recordings?
No, your recordings and settings will not be affected.
"

(Wonder if that was the same genius who posted the same FAQ lie about the SARA to RTN upgrade a little over 3 years ago?).

Or it could have been the genius who made such a mess of the Navigatr info on their web site so that even 57 can't locate information he's looking for.

Or the one who wasted the programming team's effort on this garbage "new" interface instead of fixing the software bugs that still persist in RTN.
(Presumably that genius is Ron Perrotta, Senior Vice President Marketing, Residential services - the one whose name was on the mailer Rogers sent out announcing this disaster and hopefully one who will soon be looking for a new job).

Advice to anyone who has their recordings wiped during the upgrade.

Call Rogers, demand to speak to a supervisor, and demand compensation for your lost recordings.
If they don't start their offer with at least a $70 credit (that should be their starting offer, haggle) tell them that is totally inadequate, and that Bell Fibe is sniffing around your neighbourhood offering an amazing 3 year deal.

For those who HAVEN'T yet received the latest dose of Rogers Ebola, and don't want it, try a pre-emptive call to Rogers, and demand that your PVR's NOT receive the Navigatr update.
This is like being the first kid on the block to jump to Windows 10 (well, any new Windows version), and be an unpaid guinea pig for Microsoft to debug their code for them. Always wait until Service Pack 1 - or in this case tell Rogers you do NOT want the 5.2.0.0230 update pushed out to your PVR's until the next update is ready. IF enough make that demand maybe they'll listen, or at least delay this rollout until they can fix this particular issue. Though I suppose delaying the rollout would put (more) egg on the face of Rogers VP Ron Perrotta as Rogers boasted everyone would be updated by August 11.

As with all calls to Rogers, make sure you get an Interaction number to prove your call was logged and give you something to follow up with.
Hooter likes this.

Last edited by neilpalmer400; 2015-07-28 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Correct typos due to rage at Rogers making it impossible to see clearly. ;-)
post #69 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:11 PM
Veteran

How the #$#@#[email protected] does one see a list of scheduled recordings in one place? With the previous version, pressing list showed the scheduled recordings. The only way I can see at the moment is to go into each show listed and see if there is a recording scheduled. At the moment, there is something being recorded, but I have no idea what and apparently no easy way to find out.

post #70 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:14 PM

yyzlhr

No, it WON'T get you your recordings back, but it WILL get you some money back, and the satisfaction that goes with that.
Plus the more who call to complain about this the more chance Rogers will hold back on pushing these updates to other poor sods until they correct that problem
(yeah, dream on Neil).

Worth spending a bit of time on hold (something to do next time you're waiting for the PVR to reboot to try and solve the latest problem), plus the venting will be good for you when you let loose.
(That's why I suggest the first thing you do is say you want to to speak to a supervisor - it's not fair to the lower paid staff to get dumped on, plus they are not authorized to offer as large a credit as supervisors are).

Last edited by neilpalmer400; 2015-07-28 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added additional information
post #71 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:22 PM
Veteran

Here's another stroke of genius: Today, I received a letter from them about how great this new guide is. At the bottom of the letter is a link rogers.com/navigatr. When I go there, I see a screen, for a few seconds about this, including a video, but I can't do anything. After a few seconds I'm taken to my account page.

post #72 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:42 PM

I cannot believe that I lost all my stuff. The wife and kids went up north to go see granny and I was just getting settled in for a night of "catch up" TV.

My 8642 looks like it was factory reset. Called Rogers and the wait time is 39 to 59 mins..LOL.
post #73 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:45 PM

Does the new guide tell you who made it in the settings? Is this just RTN with a facelift?
post #74 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:54 PM
Rookie

Navigatr 'upgrade'

8642 factory reset I think, lost recorded programming, settings screen blank. In Newmarket, 'upgraded' last night.
post #75 of 1333 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 08:58 PM

Location: Mississauga, Panasonic TH42PX50; Rogers 8300HD PVR; Panasonic S42 DVD; JVC 6010 Receiver
Seems as if only the 8462 boxes are affected. I've lost all recorded programs - some of which I can never get back - as well as any scheduled programs. I'm ready to give Bell a call.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in