AnyPlace Discussions Please read post 1. - Page 49 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #721 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-11, 07:49 PM

I found the web app really useful for scheduling the next Formula 1 qualifying and race. Using the Rogers search function on my PVR was slow and hit-or-miss. Eliminating Manage PVR fot Firefox users is deplorable.
Hooter and HiHoSilver like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-11, 09:15 PM
Veteran

I find the Windows interface to be the most productive. I can find new shows, read reviews and then easily search for and schedule them in Rogers Anyplace, all in one supported browser. That can be done on a phone or tablet but it is not as easy or as productive as in Windows. For a number of reasons, my preferred browser is Firefox. Chrome is good but big brother is restricting add-ons and watching every keystroke. Opera is good as well and is my favorite on Android. IE and Edge would be OK in a pinch but MS is too lax about fixing security issues. So Rogers is only supporting 2 out of 5 browsers and one of those is deprecated in Win10. That doesn't exactly give me a good feeling about Rogers TV.
post #723 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 08:36 AM

Another thing I have noticed about the new site is the lack of functionality in the Guide. On the old site, it was very easy to move down the page to a different channel by clicking a channel number on the right side of the page. You could also select a different time using a drop down menu at the top. The new guide features neither of these. The only way to change the channel or the time is through incessant scrolling. There are also no descriptions unless you click on a specific show to see it, but clicking the "back" returns you to the current time as opposed to the later time you previously scrolled to. Many listings are stuck on "loading" or state that "Info not available". Great job from Rogers - they have removed the ability to manage our PVR and given us a useless guide to boot.

post #724 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 12:35 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I just got a return call from my "Share a Concern" yesterday. All the fellow could do was sympathize. Unfortunately, he could not help me with anything like:

- when will "Manage PVR" be back on the web?
- why didn't Rogers keep the old version active and provide a link to the new "beta"?
- why is there no "channel scroll" on the right side?
- why is there no "go to date/time" dropdown?
- why doesn't the IPG return to the "current time" after exiting the "information"?
- why aren't other browsers supported?
- etc. etc.

I asked why he was actually calling because he wasn't really supplying me with information (other than sympathy, I guess). I stated that his total lack of information may even make people more angry than they already are... I had asked for a response by e-mail, but perhaps the CSR thought a personal touch was in order...

I kept my cool the entire time and was trying to find something positive for him to relay, unfortunately he couldn't, so I wished him well with the rest of his day...

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #725 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
I had asked for a response by e-mail, but perhaps the CSR thought a personal touch was in order...
I don't believe Rogers communicates by email anymore. When I originally asked the Manage PVR function to be fixed (before this debacle) on Facebook, I chose to be contacted by email and it was noted. However, all I got was a canned email asking me to contact Rogers, which I did by phone. At least all the agents I talked to were native English speakers.
post #726 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 04:47 PM
Veteran

Rogers Anyplace TV

Has anyone tried the new App. It's available now on Chrome only and works quite well. Of course you need a rogers tv package to use it. Available at www.rogersanyplacetv.com . It works inside or outside the home. Some channels are only available in the home, but most seem to work outside as well

Last edited by 57; 2017-10-12 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Merged.
post #727 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 05:53 PM
Veteran

^^^^
Have you tried setting a recording? As far as I can tell, it can't be done.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #728 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 08:31 PM
Veteran

The PVR section says it's Not Available yet, but coming soon.
post #729 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-14, 02:50 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Here are some new links on the Rogers forum:

FAQs - note that there have been changes and those people without a STB will no longer have access - i.e. those with DTA(s) only.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/supp...ce-tv-overview

Blog Info: The New Rogers Anyplace TV Has Arrived! - Rogers Community

So, with "Manage PVR" currently MIA, with AnyPlace Web only available using Chrome and with incompatibilities with iOS 11, there are lots of unhappy customers.

post #730 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-14, 03:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I used to be able to access Anyplace TV but now I can’t. Why?
Since upgrading Anyplace TV, our customers now need to have active TV service with Rogers to use it.
So a TV subscription wasn't needed before? Nice freebee for internet or phone customers.

Quote:
Can I let someone else with a MyRogers username sign into my Anyplace TV service?
Only one MyRogers username per TV account can access Anyplace TV.
What about families? They've gone from giving away Anyplace TV service to anyone who has an account to making it unusable for paying TV service customers with multiple members who want access. Amazing job Rogers.
post #731 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-14, 10:06 PM
Veteran

for the first part, yes it always had a FREE portion to anyone with a login.
Though without having a TV sub, the accessible selection was TINY and very locked down.

But they have always had the issue with the only one account.
All that is saying, is that ONE myrogers account, can be tied with the TV account, to get that full access.

Really no different than netflix, etc.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
post #732 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-14, 11:27 PM

I think the confusion may arise if you think that one account means one person/device, which, I believe, it doesn't.

post #733 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-15, 03:36 AM
Veteran

I thought it meant only one person at a time. I think Netflix has a limit, depending on the account type, and it has profiles. Not sure if Anyplace TV has profile support but I don't recall seeing it.

Another peculiarity with Anyplace TV is that it limits the number of devices to 5. Using a 6th device requires deleting an existing device. I've run into this occasionally when a device was replaced. I just delete the oldest device since it was not used any longer. It must be annoying for families that have several people constantly accessing the service with more than 5 devices.
post #734 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-15, 09:14 AM

Web Scheduling with PC

When Rogers switched from the old Scheduler I had 3 windows open.
One each under Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
That was the night I tried them all for "oldyellr"
I still have them open now and all 3 still work.
I can even refresh them to get to today with the current time.
I copied and pasted the address into Microsoft Edge which I had never used before and it came up with the old PVR management screen to login with.
So if you have that page bookmarked you may still be able to get into the old version.
The address ends with your cable TV account number.
Mine starts with 230.... found on your Cable TV statement, not on the first page but on the Cable TV page.
It wont work unless you have the account number at the end.
post #735 of 824 (permalink) Old 2017-10-15, 09:23 AM

I'm a Rogers customer but I could never watch TV shows before using the web app. Now I can with Chrome when I'm signed in. However, anybody in the house can watch a movie that's not free on the TV using ROD and I get charged on my cable bill. I suppose I could password protect the ROD channels, but we watch only the free stuff 99.9% of the time. But I'm the only family member with my Rogers login and password on my computers and devices.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in