Videotron 2009 New Channels Discussion - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-17, 02:11 PM

You must work for videotron. I have a friend who works for bell tv & peachtree raise their price on them & they still have it not only that peachtree is still on rogers cable, shaw cable & shaw direct formally known as (star choice) so why those guys still have peachtree & videotron drops it. As far I can tell videotron is the only tv provider that dropped peachtree. I think videotron dropped peachtree because they wanted more french channels ever since videotron dropped peachtree we had more french channels & more french HD channels then ever before.

Last edited by marjasmai; 2009-07-17 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-19, 05:42 PM

keep in mind that Videotron only sell its services in the Quebec province(they even sold the CF-Cable Ontario division to Roger when we buyed CF Cable)

as such, most of the customers are mainly french-speaking(something like 75-80%)

Bell, on the other hand, serve the whole country, with more customers using english as the main language

i work at videotron, and i can tell that less than 5% of our customers did call to ask why we dropped PeachTree TV

Peachtree was asking us to pay the same price as rogers, while our market share for that channel are significantly lower because of the demographics of the province

End of the line(in french) : ça vaut pas la peine
post #48 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-20, 01:03 PM

my message to videotron is why even offer any english service at all if its going to be so sub-par?

post #49 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-20, 05:35 PM

by your logic, videotron should not offer the english service

as i said already, its all about demographics
if peach tree did consider that when we were negociating with them, then maybe we would'nt had dropped them
but they did'nt, and they did'nt even wanted to understand the simple fact that less than 10% of our customers were subscribed to them
post #50 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-20, 09:19 PM

"end of the line" yeah we will see
post #51 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-20, 09:28 PM

lets turn the situation around :
would you pay 500 000$ for a honda civic?
post #52 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-20, 09:54 PM

yes I would
post #53 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 03:50 AM

I'll sell you one right now, all "sooped up".... I'll even include a free iPod with it...Get your cash ready :-)

Sony 46 Bravia XBR2 , Yamaha HTR5860, Bose Acoustimass16, 8300 HD PVR, Quickview QVX 300 Gig, LRA537 dvd recorder,Oppo DV981 DVD player, Harmony 880
post #54 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 05:24 AM

then go see honda, they'll need someone as gullible as you
post #55 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 06:01 AM

No please, let him buy it from me, I could use the money :-)

Sony 46 Bravia XBR2 , Yamaha HTR5860, Bose Acoustimass16, 8300 HD PVR, Quickview QVX 300 Gig, LRA537 dvd recorder,Oppo DV981 DVD player, Harmony 880
post #56 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 03:02 PM

Look at you. You work for videotron & you don't even give us any useful news about new channels like which two channels are the most requested for HD so we don't have any surprises. Did you say anything when the guy on the third page "Videotron to offer to TSN2. This summer, or in September" no you are more interested in defending the right to remove peachtree. Here is the fact since videotron removed peachtree we had more new french channels & more french HD channels then ever before. You've been here for two months now & you've been useless for two months. Why are you here?
post #57 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 03:13 PM

Not my business to respond to this since personally I do not work for videotron but I want to make this comment... This gentlemen is not here to reveal any of videotron's strategies and he is certianly not responsible for any decision taken at higher levels and, as an employee, is as he should defend his company's position and policies... What he says is only pure logic. Peach whatever is not willing to lower their fees based on the number of subscribers that they have for their channel on videotron.... Bell is across the country and therefore have the potential for a much larger number of subscribers for this channel. Therefore, they can pay whatever peach something is asking because the cost is spreaded out amongst a much larger number of subscribers... This is pure logic... Are you willing to pay $300 a month for that channel ??? and if you are, how many more are willing to pay it too so that videotron covers the cost Peach is asking ??? What part of this explanation don't you understand ??? Now, if that channel is so important to you, you are lucky enough to be able to go with Bell... that would be your choice... How many subscribers videotron will loose because they cannot make economic sense to pays what peach is asking ??? I'd say very little...

post #58 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 04:03 PM

for the new channels, i'm informed at the same time as everyone, i'm in the technical support dpt, not the customer service
post #59 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 11:18 PM

Who brought in to this Micel mind your own business work for videotron first then put your two cents in. I can talk about this because I have the mega package plus extreme high speed internet & a cell phone with videotron. So peachtree was asking a lot of money videotron can't get another american station to take its place? In my opinion Quebecor Media should changes its name it give the wrong vibe.

Last edited by marjasmai; 2009-07-21 at 11:56 PM.
post #60 of 201 (permalink) Old 2009-07-21, 11:50 PM

Oh the drama!

stop trying to look better than everyone and grow up

if you want to discuss about this, fine, i'm ready to discuss, but dont accuse everyone just because they proved you wrong

if you want another american TV station that do the job, just look toward tvtropolis, most of the programs are the same

PS. : good job editing your post, but next time, just think before acting
Closed Thread

Tags
new channels , videotron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in