Channel 115 - WPCH - Dropped from Videotron? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-01, 02:28 PM

So they just dropped it and gave us no credit or notice what so ever?

Does Videotron treat their Anglo clients as second class customers, or does this kind of lack of professionalism apply to all their clients?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-01, 10:04 PM
Rookie

Videotron blows.
They lack in english content, they have the worst customer service I have ever seen, and the price for their HD boxes are way over-priced. Sadly I'm stuck with them since I live in an appartment that is not facing the right way for satellite and Rogers is not an option. I just hate them soooo much! **Shakes Fist In Anger***
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-01, 10:25 PM
Veteran

Its obvious that Videotron caters to their majority Francophone customers. They dont really care about English Programming on their systems.

post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-02, 09:56 AM

Which is why everyone who posted here should use the webform and complain that they need to replace 115 with another U.S. station.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-02, 10:21 AM

I did just that!
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-02, 02:28 PM
Rookie

Yup Videotron is behind the rest of Canada mainly rogers when it comes to service. Boxes are cheaper, they actually have movienetwork on demand, which we don't get here. The cable in quebec is lightyears behind Comcast in the US. They need competition here because videotron takes everything for granted and theres no incentive really for them to improve anything except losing out to bell.
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-03, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuprules View Post
Which is why everyone who posted here should use the webform and complain that they need to replace 115 with another U.S. station.
I just sent them an email aswell. I mentioned how they claim that the programs offered in there are easily found in other stations. That's weird, cause I don't remember seeing 45 Atlanta Braves games on other stations.

So what choice do we anglos have here in QC? Videotron, Bell, Rogers & Shaw(StarChoice). I know most Bell users hate Bell more than we hate Videotron. But what about Rogers and Shaw? Anyone know much about their cable services?
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-03, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuprules View Post
Is the webform on the main page of videotron's site?

Live and let live.
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-03, 07:25 PM

post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-03, 09:26 PM
Veteran

Interestingly, Bell's VDN subsidiary (they bought it from GazMet) that provides cable TV and cable Internet service to apartment buildings still has WPCH on an analog tier (MaxTV, I think)
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-03, 09:43 PM

Email sent, I ditched Shaw (SC) to come to videotron, costs less with
bundle and works during Thunder storms and dont have to clean off the sticky snow from dish which was a friggen pain
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-04, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilos View Post
I know most Bell users hate Bell more than we hate Videotron. But what about Rogers and Shaw? Anyone know much about their cable services?
I can't believe for one minute that Bell's service and treatment of its customers is any worse than the way Videotron treats its Anglo customers. I for one take this as the last straw and am moving over to Bell with its significantly more choice.

Let's face it: if you've been with Videotron for many years you may benefit from switching. Its not good to stay with the same provider for too long. Its usually the new clients that get the price breaks. I'll be bundling with internet and phone service.

BTW, since when is Rogers in QC? Certainly not in Montreal otherwise Videotron would not think of pulling something like this off.

Look...Videotron is supported/subsidized/protected by the Quebec government. They couldn't care less about the "Anglos" or any other non-francophone group. They only way to hurt them is to not give them your business. Sooner or later the current morons running them will get axed and then I'll move back.

In the meantime I will not give my money to a company that treats some of their clients as second-class.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-04, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Well hey, I'm francophone and I think their lineup sucks too, so...

Granted I don't watch much french TV but still. Their specialty channels are absolute garbage, and some of the better cable channels that now have HD counterparts are not even available (Showcase, I'm looking at you, teasing me with your Showcase HD ads).

I'm incredibly disappointed - I find myself tuning into TVTropolis for my sitcoms now but stuff like Cheers doesn't show there, so I'm kinda stuck.

I wouldn't switch to Bell though. If you think Videotron's customer service is bad, wait till you experience Bell's.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-04, 08:38 PM

Well its Videotron's right to service and cater to whomever they wish. If its the Francophone market, so be it and hence, decisions like dropping Peachtree.

As for the Bell argument, been there - done that. I was with them a few years back and switched to Videotron because the HD channel choices and equipment was better. Also, whether true or not I thought cable internet was faster. Today's a totally different situation and whatever advantages Videotron had (or what I perceived as advantages) are gone. In fact, I think Bell is ahead with HD channel choices.

I never had any issues with Bell when I was with them. Sure, things could have changed but I haven't heard any negative talk from people that I know who are with them. This leads me to believe that this is similar to the Vista complaints. I read and heard so much about what a POS Vista is and how incompatible it is, etc, etc. Yet I've been using Vista since it came out and must say it is one of the most stable OS's I've ever used. Had many more problems with XP & 2K and would never go back to those.

Bottom line is that there no longer is any significant reason or advantage to stay with Videotron. The sad thing is that they really don't care if you leave.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 2009-01-04, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I have a personal story of horror from Bell (and several of my friends also do).

Switching phone service from Bell to Videotron led to a lot of things, such as them saying "Okay we're releasing your number" then Videotron telling me "They refuse to release the number" to a bunch of stuff like that. Then they charged us an extra month out of the blue, which took over 3 months to resolve with them.

A friend of mine still randomly gets charges from Bell even though he hasn't been with them for 2 years... It's not the Vista effect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in