Problems with SportMax package - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-09-29, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Problems with SportMax package

Hey Everyone,

So after looking for awhile i bit the bullet and bought an HD receiver from Dumoulin. Worked out great, I ordered my cable channels soon as I got the receiver over the phone the most important package was the sportmax the whole point of getting the tv and cable was to watch hockey games. Well I wasn't able to get the box connected so had to wait this friday in the evening after work for a technician to come in. He came and isntalled everything looked fine. The hd channels are amazing! I'm not going back to regular channels!

But there is a problem I click on the sportmax channels and I get this message I'm not authorized I'm like err ok so I call videotron customer service and verified with them if I have the sportmax package they said yes I have it on my profile and transfered me to tech. So talked to the tech he mentioned b/c I just received the box and connected it to their system it will take 24 hours for the sportmax package to kick in. Being understanding I'm like fine no big deal (wasn't aware of that) but it isn't a big issue. 24 hours passed saturday night called tech I'm still getting the not authorized for these channels (431 till 460) and this time the tech tells me it should be 24 to 48 hours.. I'm like guys this is stupid to wait to watch hockey channels I've never heard of this! So i brush it off Sunday comes around samething this time I'm getting pissed! I'm telling the guy its been 48 hours I don't see anything on the channels except not authorized... the tech tells me there is some nightly updates that go on so b/c its the weekend wait till the business day! In short has anyone experienced this or am I right on my feeling that I'm getting the run around? I told the tech I'm tired of calling and getting conflicting stories! And he's suppose to call me back by 7:00 p.m. tonight. I checked this morning (Monday Sept.29) samething!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-09-29, 04:29 PM

That sounds fishy, considering they can add/remove channels while you are on the phone with them. Not sure why that package would be different...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-09-30, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

I didn't think so either so I called again yesterday same story!!! I was so pissed off I told the tech that this is rediculous. He came back stating something about my hd box still showing as demo and assured me that this morning it should be corrected they somehow placed my order wrong! Either way checked this morning same crap not authorized message... man these guys are brutal in thei service.. I'm going to head home after work and check if its working if not I'm going to escalate it higher up this is rediculous any other tv providers in Montreal aside from Bell and Videotron? I live in a condo so cannot put a satalite out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in