High cost of NFL Sunday Ticket - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 2008-08-30, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

High cost of NFL Sunday Ticket

Called Videotron and was told that you have to order baseball, hockey and football package together this year. $30/month and requires a 1 year contract. Got it last year and they didn't have many games in HD either...maybe 1 extra game per week.....they suck. Anybody find other options, can't use satellite in my building. They also automatically renewed my internet contract for 1 year ( after I didn't repond to a letter they sent in french) and want to charge me $120 to cancel....I laughed at them and told them that if I cancel, they will never see that money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2008-08-31, 07:41 AM
Veteran

Too bad you are so confused with French because,

...if you Tuned to RDSHD, channel # 633, you would several hockey games in HD, every week, in addition to the Montreal Canadiens.

And they cover must sports quite well in HD, in the great majority of cases.

Samsung LN52B750, SVS PB12-ISD, Harmony One, HD-A1, BDP-1400, Oppo DV-970HD, Yamaha RX-V371
Old 2008-09-02, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

The problem isn't language as I speak french and watch habs games on RDS....the problem is that Videotron will charge you for all 3 sports now, they will not separate the package, and require a 1 year contract.

Old 2008-09-02, 10:09 AM
sbn

Yes, they will require you to pay 30$ x 12, even though you are only interested in 1 sport. But also, in previous years, they included College football games on those channels when you took Sunday Ticket/Sportmax, but not so far this year.

So pay more for less is the mantra, it seems.

Samsung Plasma HPP4261, SA 8300HD, 3250HD, Sirius Sportster Replay, Sirius One.
Old 2008-09-03, 10:49 AM

Angry

streetcredit.....I am completely in agreement with you...this is nothing but a money grabbing scheme by videotron. Clearly their are plenty of people who love to watch football and who do not want the other 2 packages. Not to mention, RDS carries all of the habs games!

Bell still offers NFL Sunday Ticket as a stand alone package for half the price! I wrote an angry letter to videotron through their website....I suggest you do the same and anyone else who feels this is really unacceptable. Lets hope they come to their senses.
Old 2008-09-03, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Here's the email I just sent them.....

Last year I switched from VDN cable to Videotron in order to obtain NFL Sunday ticket. This year you have bundled it with baseball and hockey for $30/month, neither of which I want. In addition, you have a requirement of a 1 year contract. VDN offers better service, a superior internet package, more HD channels and a lower cost digital TV package. Also, it seems that Videotron has decided that they can renew my internet for another year without authorization....do you really expect me to pay a cancelation fee of $120....good luck collecting that. I expect to be moving back to VDN shortly as selecting Videotron is no longer a reasonable option.
Old 2008-09-03, 06:01 PM

i`m paying star choice 24 bucks a month for centre ice and they throw in Sunday ticket free ,theres a cancelation fee with my package as well(i think thats standard)of 80 bucks.
Old 2008-09-05, 01:38 PM
Rookie

nfl sunday ticket

Hi,

You can make a complaint to the crtc at crtc.gc.ca by doing this videotron will have to give a response, and a reason plus the comlaint will be public that will piss videotron off.you can also rigth to 3750 Richelieu St- Hubert J3Y 7B1.

And here is a trick order sport max for 30$ afeter the nfl season is ofer cansel.
30$ for 4 months 120$ 120$ canselation fees 240$ bether than 360$

Rodg
Old 2008-09-05, 02:15 PM

Nevermind...

Last edited by kraphtdiner; 2008-09-05 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2008-09-05, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey kraphtdiner,
Great to hear that Videotron backed off. I'm hoping I can use the information in your post to get a similar deal. I might have to fire off a bunch of emails to the CRTC/BBB as well.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:24 PM

You know Videotron...I received a credit because the first supervisor simply LIED to me by saying that the CRTC forced them to do this.

It's a company's decision to package NFLST with SportMax. We can't do anything except complain to them. So if they do not lie to you, they won't give you a credit.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:59 PM

i have star choice & pay 24.99 a month from September to April for centre ice and they throw in Sunday ticket free ,they don`t have extra innings.
Old 2008-09-05, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Another blow the customer off reply

kraphtdiner
Any chance I can reference you in my email to the BBB

Here's a part of their reply.....

Note that several games of the NFL are offered on the following networks (according to the programming information of these channels ):

Every Monday evening: Monday Night Football on TSN (position 60 on Illico) in English and on Réseau Info-Sports (position 99 on Illico) in French

Every Sunday ( Illico digital channels )
One o’clock games on FOX (54), CBS (53) and on CTV (7) in English and RDS (33) in French
4:00 pm games on FOX, CBS and on Rogers Sportsnet (81) in English and on RDS (33) in French
8:00 pm games on NBC (52) and TSN (60) in English and on RDS (33) in French
Special games of Thursday and Saturday on TSN (60) and RDS (33) in French

Wow!!! you mean I can watch the game on Fox if I get videotron.
Old 2008-09-05, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcredit View Post
kraphtdiner
Any chance I can reference you in my email to the BBB

Here's a part of their reply.....

Note that several games of the NFL are offered on the following networks (according to the programming information of these channels ):

Every Monday evening: Monday Night Football on TSN (position 60 on Illico) in English and on Réseau Info-Sports (position 99 on Illico) in French

Every Sunday ( Illico digital channels )
One o’clock games on FOX (54), CBS (53) and on CTV (7) in English and RDS (33) in French
4:00 pm games on FOX, CBS and on Rogers Sportsnet (81) in English and on RDS (33) in French
8:00 pm games on NBC (52) and TSN (60) in English and on RDS (33) in French
Special games of Thursday and Saturday on TSN (60) and RDS (33) in French

Wow!!! you mean I can watch the game on Fox if I get videotron.
Hi streetcredit,

I don't really see how my case is pertinent to yours unfortunetly....

Videotron LIED to me by saying that they were forced by the CRTC to sell NFLST with SportMax. Since Videotron didn't tell you this, don't quote me.

They were forced to back off with me since my first conversation was recorded by them and the second supervisor was able to listen to it. If they wouldn't have backed off with me, I had really good motive to complain to the CRTC/BBB.

Videotron never told you this or never lied to you...You don't have anything against them...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in