Videotron 2008 New Channels Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-03, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Videotron 2008 New Channels Discussion

New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2008.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Videotron in 2008 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Videotron has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces the 2007 Videotron New Channel discussion thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-15, 08:42 AM

Speed HD

Saw last night a promo on Speed that they will be providing over a 100 hours of HD from Daytona starting Feb.7. Time to start bugging our friends at Videotron.....blow away A&E, Nat'l Geographic and don't pay for Discovery....boggity boggity lets go racing boys!!
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-16, 01:49 PM

Hope WWE 24/7 on demand and TMN on demand will start this year!

After almost 4 years in the market, can we please get those services.??

We cant forget also the superchanels(4 digital and 2 hd) and Turner Classic.

Lets hope that Videotron will add some for the anglophones.

Thank you

Edit: Changed post from all uppercase.

Last edited by Jake; 2008-01-17 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Please check your CAPS-LOCK key. Don't post in UPPERCASE

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 08:43 AM
Veteran

What would be the advantage of having the Speed HD channel over the regular Networks which provide us with NASCAR races? Would it be essentially for getting more races of other series?
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 09:12 AM

CNN HD

CNN HD now available on Rogers...the advantage of getting SpeedHD is better picture. Sure FOX and NBC broadcast the whole Sprint Cup season, but Speed broadcasts a lot of the secondary races, plus all of the pre-race programming. Also it broadcasts qualifying, both days of F1, including the races.
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 09:24 AM
Veteran

Re Speed...

Not sure I want to see races of other series. As for F1, I do expect RDS and TSN to have some of those races, if not all, in HD next season. As for PQ for NASCAR races, I have no problem with FOXHD and others. Pre-race programming is long enough... and lots of commercials.

Next season will be interesting with Jacques Villeneuve and Patrick Carpentier hopefully in all races.
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-01-18, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfabien View Post
What would be the advantage of having the Speed HD channel over the regular Networks which provide us with NASCAR races? Would it be essentially for getting more races of other series?
Speed is more than NASCAR.

Pinks All-Out and the Barrett-Jackson auction are two shows that strike me as wanna see in HD.
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 12:54 PM

Speed HD

Rogers...now Shaw are offering a free preview of Speed HD till June 1st. Please send emails to Videotron...thanks
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 08:04 PM
Veteran

Rogers isn't carrying Speed HD as of Yet. BEV, SC and I think Shaw cable are, not sure of other cable companiees are or not.
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-03-23, 11:57 PM
Rookie

Hi all,newb and glad to be here.Saw the upper posts but any news on when the heck we might get Speed HD and Spike HD for that matter? Thanx.

(Im with Videotron BTW)
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-03-24, 10:36 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down

Thanx for all your replys
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-03-26, 10:39 AM
MD

No idea when Videotron will get any of the newer HD stations. They seem more than happy to be the worst HD provider in the province. If they don't get HD Net, CNN HD and Moviepix HD by the summer,I''m swithing over to Bell.
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-03-26, 11:37 AM

All I want is Mpix HD. that`s all. I am not asking for much... I guess I will be heading to Bell.

Rolando Avenda˝o
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-04-10, 03:35 PM

I would like to have Mpix HD as well ... now if TQS can finally go out of business, it should free up some bandwidth I would hope. TQS could go away and I wouldn't miss them at all. ;o)
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-04-10, 03:38 PM
Veteran

TQS has new owners... it's here to stay.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in