Videotron 2008 New Channels Discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-24, 10:35 PM

HBO Canada is NOT a new channel, it's part of TMN multiplex channels which Videotron already offers. It will be offered. The only question is about HBO Canada HD which now is MMore HD which Videotron doesn't offer. I think it might help them offer it in the future, but it won't be at launch.

HBO Canada being part of TMN Multiplex is not an optional service and doesn't need any kind of 'negotiation' with TMN, is simply a rebranding of a channel already existing and offered, MMore.

The only reason Videotron is not offering ALL the English channel SD & HD available is because of restriction in bandwith. There is just not enough space for them all right now. They are not stupid and they know that the HBO brand is very popular and there is not the thiniest possibilities that they would take off a TMN channel already offered for no reason. They just won't do that...

So people, relax and wait for October 31st and you will see HBO Canada on Videotron. ONLY HBO HD won't be there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-25, 07:56 AM

Quote:
US based HBO shows should be simulcast for a while on both TMN and HBO Canada
Hardly think that the satellite providers would go for that. Satellite bandwidth is expensive. If your cable company refuses to offer the HD channels you want, time to look at the competition.
post #78 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-25, 11:45 AM

that is exactly what the complaint is about jrmtl06. we know we will be getting HBO Canada SD. I already get Mpix. I don't watch it. What we want to get is the HD channel.
I have gotten to the point where I do not watch any non HD content on TV. It's true. granted I don't have time to watch much TV but at least I make sure I watch the best. Sure there have been exceptions. The apprentice, Big Brother but I still watch them on the HD channel. as bad as it looks it still looks better than on the SD feed on my TV. If it only played on an SD channel I would likely NOT watch it anyore.

Rolando Avendaño

post #79 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-26, 08:36 PM
MD

Rolando's words echo my feelings precisely. Further, the fact that HDNET and MOVIEPIX HD are available to any cable subcriber in Canada except those who are with Videotron drives me insane. HD NET is a major chanel and the fact that we still can't get it has had me seriously contemplating a switch to Bell.

We all understand the limited bandwidth issue but then, why waste valuable space with A&E stretchmode - oops - A&E HD, which shows almost nothing in HD and has the audacity to *stretch* a good deal of their programming?? Videotron's decisions are making less and less sense.
post #80 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-29, 03:07 PM

You must remember that most HD Channels in the states don't air much HD.... Only some of them air mostly HD Programming, but the stuff that A&E has in HD is excellent. Obviously for HD reasons HDNet should be a major channel to add since its a great channel to show off HD muscles aswell as it has good fighting, and some soccer.
post #81 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-29, 07:17 PM

Videotron has added three HD channel positions at 662, 663 and 664. I just get a black screen and there are no infos in the guide but it's still a good sign. I just wish their PR department was more proactive.
post #82 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 08:50 AM

According to a member in the French thread, HBO Canada HD is now on channel 712.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...31&postcount=4
post #83 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 12:04 PM

I can confirm it: it's there.

So what's the deal with the channels 663 and 664?
post #84 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 12:49 PM

wait... are you telling that we WILL be getting HBO Canada HD? OH BOY OBOYOBOYOBOY! I am as giddy as a little girl at a petshop on her birthday!

If it's true I will kiss the first (female) videotron rep I see!

Rolando Avendaño
post #85 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 01:22 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
If it's true I will kiss the first (female) videotron rep I see!
I guess any old excuse to kiss a (female) videotron rep works.....

Cheers!
post #86 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 01:33 PM

HBOHD is indeed on 712 i was surprised to see that appear on the guide
post #87 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 07:30 AM

what about the sd hbo is it there too?
post #88 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablecanada07 View Post
what about the sd hbo is it there too?
Channel 212, replacing MMore.
post #89 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 05:39 PM

finaly got to see it first hand last night. there it was. 712, HBO HD in all it's glory. Sure I checked the guide and there is nothing in the next 3-4 days that interests me or have not seen playing but darn it it feels good to have it.
I am so easy to please...

Now, I coold keep my happy buzz for a lot longer if TMN would stop advertising all the cool classics playing in HD on MPIX HD...

Rolando Avendaño
post #90 of 92 (permalink) Old 2008-11-01, 12:56 PM

I dot see HBO listed in the channels on Videotron site. How do I subscribe to it? SD or HD?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in