"SportsMAX" loses football - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-09-27, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

"SportsMAX" loses football

So I just got off the phone with Videotron tech support, regarding the sudden disappearance of all college and NFL football games from the guide (and corresponding black screen during tonight's Boise State-SMU supposed time slot). The word I got from the rep with who I spoke is that Videotron are canceling all football game broadcasts "for marketing purposes", instead showing baseball games and, evidently, darkness. How they cannot find room for both sports in the 24 channels they have allotted in the guide, I have no idea. But suffice it to say, I am cancelling Videotron first thing tomorrow morning if customer service confirms this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-09-28, 03:39 PM
sbn

Did you call the customer service? I would be beyond pissed if this were the case. Especially with such a big game tonight (WVU vs USF).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-09-28, 08:14 PM

The guide shows 3 football games on sunday at 4PM, the rest of the channels will be used for baseball and a couple of hockey games in the afternoon...i can't believe they can't find room for both baseball and football, maybe it's time to switch to BEV.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-09-29, 12:34 AM

I just spoke with Videotron and the CS told me that it was only a problem with the TV Guide and that every game will be on Sunday afternoon...I'm crossing my fingers...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-09-29, 01:12 PM
sbn

This is the most arrogant, un-customer friendly company I have had to deal with in my entire life. I wish now more than ever that Rogers had bought them years ago.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Just to follow up on this.. Obviously the NFL games did end up playing, the college games did not. It would appear college games resumed this week.

I ended up canceling (which took 3 calls to do) SportsMax, which the CS rep allowed me to do despite the 12-month commitment you are required to agree to, and I got 30 days of it for free. Two days later, I get a voicemail from Videotron reminding me that I had a 12-month commitment, and I will be incurring huge fees by canceling. WTF??? So that was one more call I should not have had to make. It did get sorted out in the end, but sbn pretty much captured my feelings on this company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in