3 new HD channels ... - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-22, 07:58 AM

DiscoveryHD is the same, this is normal considering there is not that much HD content currently available. But it will get better over the years. But I checked A&EHD in the schedule and laughed, not really much there but repeats of old shows. Disappointing to say the least...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-22, 04:56 PM

I get the A&E HD but how do I get the NG HD? It says I cannot access this channel.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-22, 05:25 PM

I think you should have the regular SD NG in order to have HD NG. If you really want it, then you have to pay $1.50 to subsribe to SD NG, then you will HD channel for free.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-24, 05:02 PM

I'm having problems with National Geographic HD.

I added National Geographic (154) to my à la carte selection this morning through their website but I don't have the HD version.

Actually, neither A&E HD or National Geographic HD is listed in my Illico GUIDE and if I manually enter them in (666 or 754) I get "???" on screen.

Just finished chatting with a tech rep and he says everything looks good from is end ... just great !

I reset the terminal (aka unplugged from wall) without any difference.

Am I the only one withthis problem ? I live in Gatineau.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-24, 05:48 PM

Quote:
The two new channels are available as of October 17 in the Montréal, Québec City and central Québec areas, and will be rolled out in the rest of Videotron's service area by the end of the year.
From the news release here.

Regards,
...jim

Toshiba 42HDX82, SA8300HD (HDMI->DVI), Yamaha HTR-5440 (Optical), Samsung BD-P3600 (Component)
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-24, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the info !
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-25, 07:45 PM

I just got a&ehd and nghd,guy told at the end of the month videotron will charge an additional 2.99 for tsnhd and rsnhd.I can't believe this crap.I ditched dischd for this reason.

Panasonic VT-60,LG 55LW5700,Playstion TV, Fibe Pvr+wireless,YAMAHA RXV-467, .HARMONY 520,XBOX360#5+HD-DVD.PS4
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-25, 09:23 PM

Actually it will be 2,99$ for both channels instead of 1,99$ each like now and they won't be available individually, so it's cheaper for most people since I presume most people like having both.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-25, 11:00 PM

thank God I don't have either TSN or RDS. Don't watch sports at all. Probably why my wife married me

I still think it's crap though as well the the whole discovery HD separate fee. I might have paid it if they at least got decent programming not the same 5 shows looped all month and all year.

Rolando Avendaño
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-29, 04:57 PM

Yes! Finally more HD! I didnt even realize I had NGHD until I found this thread..never went up to chan 754 lol...

I had TSN and TSN HD before, until I found out they changed policies and started charging me for TSN HD! I only got it to watch F1 races in HD....but I never watch sports....so I cancelled it. Kinda pissed that they started charging me without letting me know.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-10-30, 06:08 PM

Actually if you had it before they started charging for it you are not suppose to pay for it. They let people already subscribe to TSN and RSN HD get them free. Only new subscribers have to pay.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-11-24, 12:07 PM

Oh goody! A&EHD (channel 666 (!!!)) and GEOHD (channel 754) showed up in Rockland, Ont. yesterday. Since I think we're fed from Gatineau, I'm guessing they have it as well.

I had to chuckle at the channel number for A&EHD, considering what has been said about the quality of said channel. Since it appeared to be running a CSI marathon, of which I'm not particularly interested, I only took a quick peek at it. The program itself appeared to be ok, but the commercials were stretched with bars top and bottom. Here's hoping they eventually get a clue. (I'll place any futher comments regarding this issue in the other thread.)

Regards,
...jim

Toshiba 42HDX82, SA8300HD (HDMI->DVI), Yamaha HTR-5440 (Optical), Samsung BD-P3600 (Component)
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 2007-11-26, 04:08 AM

There is absolutely nothing of interest on A&E HD, on top of being one of the worst HD quality.

If you enjoy CSI Miami you're in luck, but otherwise, it s*cks big time. They decided not to offer the 3rd channel, Showcase, wich shows also CSI Miami but we also get lots of UK shows that are not anywhere else in HD in ENglish.

I presume that they canceled SHowcase HD when they decided to offer us VOX HD...that is so sad...

Not sure but anyone knows what space VIdeotron has left right now? Are they at full capacity? I only know about Tele Quebec HD that must be carried by them (another amazing content choice...) so I guess we will have to wait until they upgrade the Montreal area from 750Mhz to 1Ghz...please make that soon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in