8300hd lost all audio - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-03, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

8300hd lost all audio

This is the second time this has happened since the last Sara upgrade.

All channels have no audio. I have to power reset the 8300HD and after that it works.

Any other people have had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-03, 01:18 PM

I only lost the sound on ABCHD a couple of days ago. Videotron said they knew about it and it was from another source, not theirs. It didn't come back after a reboot, but I think it's OK now.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-25, 12:03 AM

Exclamation Same Problem Here

Lexar, the same problem happened to me tonight. We were watching TV and the sound disappeared when we launched a recording. There was no sound on any recording and any channel after that point. Unplugging and plugging the 8300HD fixed it but I hope it won't happen too often...

While I'm at it, are you having problems launching recordings? Like you go to the list, select one recording and then end up with a grey screen and nothing happening. Going back to the list, starting another recording and then come back to the original one you wanted to see usually does the trick but it is really a pain...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-25, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

No Sylvain I have not had that problem. However I do have an external hard drive and ever since the new SARA upgrade the harddrive would disconnect on occassion. When this happens the recorded list has a show that I recorded but when I try and run it just a blank screen shows up. (the recording is on the external drive) when I reboot and the external drive connects again everything starts to work fine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-25, 02:35 PM

I've had the problem of recorded programmes going to black and freezing all functions when I tried to play one. Sometimes I unplugged many times and still had the problem when trying to watch a recorded programme. All other functions were fine. Videotron was going to send a repairman, but the next day everything worked! This problem hasn't returned for several weeks.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-26, 10:08 PM

Exclamation Thanks Vaudry/Lexar

I guess I should call Videotron while the 8300 warranty is still on...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2007-04-29, 09:48 PM

Exclamation Reformat!

Videotron says re-booting might help but that a reformatting of the hard disk is probably best. Well, I guess I have to watch the stuff I've got on it before reformatting. (re-booting did not help)

Any other thoughts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in