Vertical lines - is it the Videotron box or my HDTV? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-01, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Vertical lines - is it the Videotron box or my HDTV?

I have a Toshiba HDTV DLP 50 inchs with hd videotron terminal. On the normal channel sometimes 1 or two verticals ligns appear on the screen, I do not have theses ligns on HD channel, I want to know is someone else had this problem and if it comes from videotron HD terminals or TV???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-02, 04:31 PM

ha! I thought I'm seeing things.

I got the same lines from time to time... but only on the SD channels... I doubt is the TV since on the HD channels or DVD player I don't have any lines

So.. you are not alone ...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-03, 12:18 PM

I have seen exactly the same issue.(Toshiba 44hm85)

Where have i have seen it?

SD channels, in particular on HDTV and the food network. It generally appears as a single slightly off colour vertical line directly in the middle of the screen. Generally only some shades show the line. So the black and red portion of the screen will not have it yet the flesh tones and white will show the line. (for example)

It is not constant and seen most dramatically during food network self promotion commercials..

Is this what you are finding? I almost wonder if there is a support bar in the middle of the screen that somehow is interfering.

Anyone else have an idea or seeing this?

Thanks

Robot.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-03, 08:34 PM

ive had a similar problem i had one vertical line close to the center of my tv with the pace 551 hd box on only standard definition channels. I returned that box and picked up the HD PVR from scientific atlanta and i never had a problem since. many people have problems with the pace box, my guess would be that is whats causing the line.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-04, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

I have a Pace 551 me too, maybe that's the problem. Thank you,
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-04, 12:00 PM

I also have the pace551...

Guess its just the cheap STB.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-09, 09:57 AM

same here ...Pace 551 HD
got a line in center of screen and sometimes left or right
called Videotron tech support and they said to reboot the pace terminal
and so far ...I have not noticed any lines
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-10, 12:22 PM

I have the exact same issue...always seems to pop up when watching Food Network. No issues with HD. Line usually right down the middle. Pace 551 terminal. The problems seems to go away for a week or so, then come back for a few days.

I thought it could be my TV I just bought, but the line expands if I stretch or zoom the picture.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-13, 02:37 PM

Same problem for me. Saw it for a few days a couple of month ago than it came back to normal (Only SD Channel). The TV didn't make a difference. I saw it first on my 42" Plasma than when it came back 2 weeks ago, I tried also on my 27" and 13" and still saw it. Tried 4 different connections (RCA, S-Video, Component and HDMI) and the problem was still there. Then I called a Videotron Tech that came to change it. Same problem is back a few hours later. Will probably call them soon again to change it. They have no idea what could be causing this problem. I'll keep you informed.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-28, 09:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I have tried resetting the STB.(Pace 551) No deal. Still pops up a few hours or days later..

Food and HGTV seem to have it the most and i never see it in HD.

Anyone else have any luck other than switching STB models?

Robot
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 11:45 PM

I see them on most SD channels mostly on 128 and 131, and funny part is when you find them, all your mind will go to that part to find any other places on your screen, kind of psychology game.
In HD channels I have not seen them yet.
It has to be pace 551.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-05-02, 06:50 AM

Same problem here. I find the line is most apparant on G4tech tv. I have never seen it on an HD channel though. I'm also using the pace 551 via hdmi with a 52" toshiba dlp
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-06-11, 02:34 PM

Angry Same here

After reading the post I am quite relieved in a way to see it's not my telivision set. Although I was pretty sure because the problem nevers shoes on HD content, DVD playback or other.

I too see the vertical lines (green or red) in the middle of my screen when watching SD channels.

PACE 551 terminal it guilty then...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in